Dont jump on stage with Maynard J Keenan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont jump on stage with Maynard J Keenan

Fan trys to get alittle too close to Maynard and .....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XwhVlTZGv...l%20manyard%20.

Cant say I blame him these days you never know what could happen. Looks like He hurt the guy when the spot light went out.

so he choked him out then!strange way to get rid of that guy?

Comment

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Guess he wanted to Push It
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

HA! I know he's a jujitsu student. He also once interviewed Rickson Gracie for a martial arts mag.

Comment

And he hept singing!!!
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
              And he hept singing!!!
              I know, that's what's so killer about it..

now that's a true pro..the show must go on ya know!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That was one of the coolest clips I've ever seen. He's on the floor, got this guy in a sleeper hold, and he's still singing the song. Crazy.

Comment

Where the hell was security!?!?!?!??!?

Alvin
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

The stupid dumbass fan got what was coming to him !!! Stay the hell off the stage dickhead !!!!

Comment

I saw KISS in Cinci back in 1979. I was right down front. This idiot jumped on stage and ran right to Gene Simmons. He kicked the guy square in the chest, and kept playing.
                      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

That "fan" got PWNED big time!
                        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug
                          I saw KISS in Cinci back in 1979. I was right down front. This idiot jumped on stage and ran right to Gene Simmons. He kicked the guy square in the chest, and kept playing.
                          I had heard about that one way back then.

With Dimebag's murder as well as several other attempted on-stage murders (security caught some guy trying off Jimmy Page a few years ago IIRC), why do people still think it's ok to get on stage with the band? To "share the moment"? It's not a fan's place to "share the moment" on stage, it's the fan's place to stay on the floor. Period. Nobody goes on stage except band and crew. Ever.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It depends on the band, honestly. A majority of "bigger" bands don't allow fans onstage. As a guitar tech, I am often the guy who has to handle the fans that come onstage. Guys that crowd surf up and then dive off immediately are no real problem as long as they stay out of the way of the band and cables/pedalboards. I usually ask the band what they want done when fans come onstage.

A lot of what I do depends on the way the fan is acting. You can tell by the look in their eyes what they have in mind. If they are smiling and laughing and mostly looking at the mosh pit that throws them onstage, they are usually harmless. They end up just throwing their horns in the air and jumping back in the pit. Those guys usually are back in the pit before you can get across stage to shove them. At some shows it looks like a sea of dudes surfing at you, one every 30 seconds. Then it gets fun!! I've shoved kids one after another back in the pit against a wall of fans. It was a blast, and it got me laid that night! Nobody usually gets hurt at all, and the guys usually go back in the pit easily.

If they have a crazy stare in their eye and are fixated on a member of the band, totally ignoring the people around them, THOSE are the ones you take out. I was teching at a show in San Fransisco and this guy clawed his way onstage stepping on the security guards faces and went running towards the drummer. I came flying out from stage left and wrapped up on the dude in a heartbeat. I used just enough force to "suggest" he go back towards the crowd and off the stage, but then he started trying to fight against me. I had the dude around the waist and I was a quarter second from bouncing him hard off the stage and pinning him down, when the guitar player tugged on me to let go. So I did. That dude climbed up on the drumset and grabbed a tambourine and started beating it along. He was rocking the kit and shoving it around, and he ended up stealing that tambourine, but it could have been worse.

As for when my band plays, I get fans on the stage all the time. As long as they don't step on my pedals I don't mind. The girls are actually much worse than the guys. The dudes just bump into you or hang on your shoulder waving a beer in the air, playing air guitar along. I've had several girls come up and try to like rub up on me and like feel me up and shit while I'm playing. It's not as cool as it sounds. Ok, maybe it is. Have you ever tried to play at 300bpm with a chick trying to lick your face? Not easy. I've also had a few pedals get stepped on/off, my signal cut out, cables unplugged, even a pedal or two broken. Oh well, that the price you pay for playing in a band who's shows get out of hand. Anyone comes at me with that crazy look in their eye and they're gonna have a mahogany sandwich for dinner...

Comment

Always a pleasure to read your posts Ace !!! I'd love to meet you sometime !! I promise not to lick your face ... Mahoghany sandwich !!! :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X