Guitar Player
    21.43%
    Guitar Techniques
    9.52%
    Guitarist
    9.52%
    Guitar World
    38.10%

It used to be Guitar for the Practicing Musician, but I like Guitar World better now.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Never seen/heard of Guitarist or Guitar Techniques.
      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Guitar World

Comment

Guitar Player

Comment

Penthouse...every once in a while there's a guitar in there

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
              It used to be Guitar for the Practicing Musician, but I like Guitar World better now.
              Same here. Though, I now have a subscription to Guitar Player, I'm about to let it run out and go with Guitar World again. I used to really love Guitar Shop which was mostly about gear, had a subscription for it, but they only lasted a couple of years and disappeared.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Guitar World..but they all dropped the ball and promoted pure shit during the 90's..

It's bad when I can smoke the fag on the cover!!

at least things are back on track these days..since metal/shred is cool again..

I still haven't seen Jeff Loomis on the cover so somebodys' still sleeping..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeah Guitar World always seems to be about the popular artists of the time.

Its like People Magazine of guitar.

I like Guitar Player a lot, its pretty diverse, and i dunno, its clean looking and its just a great periodical; lot of good information.

guitar one is, eh.

imo. of course/

Comment

They basically always suck dick. All I read about is like people, stupid bands, and gay ass gear reviews. Over half of a god damned magazine is advertisements, I mean god dammit, I don't need to see 10,000 gear ads for shit I don't want to buy.

That said, I've liked Guitar world the most for awhile, but I get GW, G1, GP.

Comment

It's difficult to get the US mags over here, although I'll pick up GW if it turns up at the local shop - the CDs are always missing though - so I'll have to go with Guitar Techniques. Loads of useful stuff in there (mostly tuition in different styles & techniques, not many articles - if any). Guitarist is the better read (more articles, less tuition), but my legs go numb if I read it on the toilet for too long.
                      Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

I voted for Guitar Player, because at least the articles are long enough that I can't read it cover-to-cover in one crap, like GW. I haven't subscribed to any of them since the glory days of GFTPM, and I'll only pick one up once in a while if it looks interesting.

Comment

I voted Guitar Techniques. Very good magazine for learning new an important things and they really go into depth about it. Guitarist is good for gear but a bit crappy for learning things
                          93 USA Soloist EDS
                          USA HT6 Juggernaut
                          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

dont buy them

Comment

+1 I gave up buying them a couple of years back, cos I'd been reading interviews with the same content for over 15 years (only the names / faces changed) and got fed up with reading PRS reviews from middle aged men....Also, I have the internet now, so I can read about my specific areas of interest for nothing!
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X