No announcement yet.

What Guitar Mag do you Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for GP just because it has better info and articles. They all have way too much advertising for my taste though. I suppose without that, they would probably cost $50.00 an issue though huh!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

that's what I like about Guitarist. Good articles like GP, no where near as much advertising.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Guitar One and Guitar World for me. I was a big fan of Guitar For The Practicing Musician. Miss it.

Comment

For the Yanks that haven't seen Guitarist, do yourselves a favor and try to track it down. Its a great magazine, but pricey. Comes each month with a DVD loaded with great stuff. Lessons, interviews, gear comparisons, reviews, etc. I highly recommend it.

Comment

yeahh neilli,thats what i found-I used to buy guitarworld in the golden era when it was interesting to read.I tried guitartech mags but found most of the rock exercises i had already been taught,so it was pointless
            Amercian guitarworld was the best!no cd's but just a damm good read

Comment

I generally avoid buying magazines, because all of the adverts give me GAS.

My last two purchases were the April '06 Guitar magazine, which had an article regarding maintaining your neck in tip top shape, and the Feb '06 Young Guitar magazine, which came with a DVD with lessons with Marty Friedman and Paul Gilbert in it.
              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr
                Guitar One and Guitar World for me. I was a big fan of Guitar For The Practicing Musician. Miss it.
                +1 here, although I am considering not renewing my GW subscription. I'm tired of Kurt Cobain, Zakk Wylde, and transcriptions to the same songs (not just the same bands but the same songs!). I really miss GFTPM but I still have a bunch of old issues that are fun to look back at.

Any remember Guitar School? I kept my issues of that too, I thought it was a great mag.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I have a subscription to Vintage Guitar. It's the one that's geared towards professionals, not flavor of the month MTV bands... I do miss GFTPM

Comment

Working...
                  X