Anyone ship an RR1 to the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ship an RR1 to the UK?

I sold my RR1 today to a guy in the UK and when I went to get a quote from UPS, it came out to around $400. Has anyone shipped one there before?
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

I have never actually shipped one but I too priced to ship a Kelly to the UK and it came out to 375.00

Comment

I didn't see it coming since it's around around $125 give or take when shipping through USPS, but of course the case makes it's a little over their size limits. I got an e-mail back from the guy and some how he's okay with paying the shipping, so I guess everything will work out.
      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I´ve had RRs shipped to Norway and with UPS it´s been approx $300.
        So the quote seems accurate enough.
        To bad the RR case is so damn big.

Comment

I've shipped a Rhoads to Norway using DHL, I think it was $260 and it got there fast. I double boxed it also.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Does double boxing it help protect it more? I've never tried it and haven't had any problems yet.

Comment

UPS can screw. USPS charges a fraction of that and the shit gets there anyway. I have a Model A on it's way to Amsterdam right now.

UPS quoted me $250.00 !! USPS charged $71.00 !! I went with USPS.

I've shipped several things to Europe using USPS. I've also found that it helps the recipient avoid taxes and tariffs if you label the box "gift, $100.00 value and note that there are guitar parts enclosed".

Comment

I usually ship USPS, but in this case I have to send it through another carrier since the case is a few inches over the dimensions limit for USPS.

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
                  Does double boxing it help protect it more? I've never tried it and haven't had any problems yet.
                  I never got the double boxing thing. I mean it's in a hard case, what is another 1/8 inch of cardboard gonna buy you? If the guitar gets slammed enough to do damage through a hardshell case....that xtra box aint gonna do Jack! I am sure that a few people here will be all over me but oh well....what else is new
                  Last edited by quakana; 07-23-2006, 07:42 PM.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The short bus....yup that's me

Comment

that was my experience. i shipped a jcf-01 to the uk. i couldn't use USPS because of the dimensions. i ended up going fedex. iirc it cost me less than $300. but i knew the buyer and we only declared the guitar was worth a penny so we had to forgo insurance and he had to trust my packing skills. i packed it like a tank. you don't have to literally double box. you just get sections of cardboard that you can stuff between the case and the outside box. that's just as good imo.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I was watching your auction. I'm glad you got closer to what you were asking for it. Beware however if the guy seems TOO willing to pay. U.K. is safer than most indonesia type countries but just be safe.

Comment

I shipped a Roswell Pro to Australia for about $160 through UPS, IIRC.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I got RR shipped from Japan to Slovenia by EMS for 115$.

Comment

Working...
                              X