No announcement yet.

Anyone ship an RR1 to the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a strat shipped insured for $ 1000 from Ca to germany for around $ 160 through USPS. I only accept insured shipping because I already got a CS Jackson with a broken headstock. How will you get money from an insurance when you declare a lesser value?

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
      I didn't see it coming since it's around around $125 give or take when shipping through USPS, but of course the case makes it's a little over their size limits. I got an e-mail back from the guy and some how he's okay with paying the shipping, so I guess everything will work out.

I got an RR in a hardcase shipped from Texas to Scotland by USPS 2 years back for $99.75

Comment

Originally posted by 5074charvel
        I just got a strat shipped insured for $ 1000 from Ca to germany for around $ 160 through USPS. I only accept insured shipping because I already got a CS Jackson with a broken headstock. How will you get money from an insurance when you declare a lesser value?
        You won't. The shipper would have to file the claim, not the recipient. If the recipient files it, they will go with the insured value. I always insure for the purchase price. My JCF01 and 02 shipped insured for replacement cost IIRC.

When the Cracked Mirror WRMG went missing en route to Florida, they wanted to know how much I paid for it, including shipping, since I filed the claim. I paid over $600 to build it, but I only found receipts for everything but the neck (and you know what mid-90's Professional series bound/finned necks go for on Ebay). The shipping put it right at $0.50 over what I sold it for.

That part was easy. Sending them a refund when the guitar showed up back at my house after 2 months was like pulling teeth :ROTF:
        Last edited by Newc; 07-24-2006, 07:38 AM.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Child Of Norther
          I got an RR in a hardcase shipped from Texas to Scotland by USPS 2 years back for $99.75
          I don't know how... Maybe they changed the policy recently? The USPS site says " The dimensions may not exceed (L)46, (W)35, and (H)46 inches."
          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Working...
          X