Considering keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering keyboard

I'd appreciate your input. I am considering taking up a little bit of keys and adding a bit here and there in the band I am in. Does anyone have advise on hardware?

I would like it to ba a small instrument. Maybe there is a compact half-scale unit? Is a little toy looking keyboard a gay idea in the first place? I would like MIDI capability and a good variety of non-cheesy, non-casio sounding effects that are at least worthy of the club stage. I would like an easy and simple XLR/qtr inch into the board as well. Something decent. I will take a wild guess at the 250-$500 range.

Thanks for your ideas and experience.

Screw Keyboard get a Keytar
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing
      Screw Keyboard get a Keytar
      Is that the thing the dude from Dream Theater plays? A friend was talking about some weird ass thing he saw at a concert, I never really paid a lot of attention to DT.
      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I Dunno, I think the dudes in Duran Duran played one though
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

an alesis qs6 should be fine-i have the 8.1 and the tones are very PRO with a realistic piano tone that is a joy to play.Also built like tanks so will take the beatings easily

Comment

reaper,

your friend might've been talking about John Myung's Chapman Stick, as i've never seen jordan rudess (dunno about Derek Sherinian or the other keyboardist) with a keytar.

Comment

if you want a cheap midi controller, I have an evolution MK149 49 key midi controller (no onboard) that id sell for 50$. Bought it for 200cdn, never used it :s

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
                an alesis qs6 should be fine-i have the 8.1 and the tones are very PRO with a realistic piano tone that is a joy to play.Also built like tanks so will take the beatings easily
                +1 Agree on the QS6. I bought one 4 months ago and love the thing.
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
                X