Video: Dave Murray (Iron Maiden) playing his Wayne guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Dave Murray (Iron Maiden) playing his Wayne guitar

This is the only instance I've ever seen Dave Murray from Iron Maiden playing his Wayne Rock Legend:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wIXRhCfa3...=iron%20maiden

His playing was in fine shape on that clip too. Cool!

Comment

Maiden Fuckin Rules!!!!

Comment

They got a great tone there also!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Maiden rules

Comment

I have seen them quite a few times and every single time has been flawless. They are an amazing band to see live.

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Sweet!! Who was the 3rd guitarist and why? They still rock hard!! Jack.

Comment

Their third guitarist is Janick Gers. He originally played on Bruce Dickenson's solo album when he was still with Maiden the first time. When Dickenson and Adrian Smith quit, They brought in a new singer and Gers to play guitar. As you might know, When Bruce Dickenson went solo, he had Adrian Smith in HIS band. Eventually when Dickenson went back to Maiden, Adrian smith went back too. Instead of getting rid of Gers, he just stayed and became the 3rd guitarist. Pretty cool actually. More guitar sounds AND it showed that on a whole Maiden are decent guys too!
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

Dude is way out of place in that band IMO.

If you watch that video closely it looks like Bruce loses a shoe when he does a kick... Around the 3:40 area.
                  Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Maiden does indeed kick ass. I agree about a 3rd guitarist being outta place and unnecessary, but I'm sure they sound just as good.
                    Saw them on Powerslave tour and was blown away by the sound.
                    Ahh the good days....

That was a hat onstage he kicked up, 5 sec later he zings it into the crowd.

Comment

I saw the hat he tossed back, but it sure looks like he lost a shoe too. I guess it was just the hat.

I remember the Powerslave tour. A guy I know was right beside me and for some reason he pulled the back off of his seat and threw it up on stage. We were sitting about the 10th row center. The piece of seat was headed right for Adrian Smiths head, but curved just in time and hit the headstock of one his Lado's. Not sure if it broke the head or not, but you could hear it through the PA and he had to leave the stage because of it and returned with a different guitar.

A bit later on someone else threw a lighter at Bruce and hit him in the face and cut him right below the eye. That pissed him off understandably and he STOPPED the show saying if one more thing was thrown towards the stage the show would end and they'd never return to Memphis and if anyone sees someone about to throw something beat the fuck out of them.. He raised hell for a good 5 minutes before they started playing again.

I never understood the reasoning behind people wanting to throw shit on stage, especially something that can hit them and hurt them... Had that seat back hit Adrian it could have seriously injured him or worse!
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic
                        When Dickenson and Adrian Smith quit, They brought in a new singer and Gers to play guitar. As you might know, When Bruce Dickenson went solo, he had Adrian Smith in HIS band. Eventually when Dickenson went back to Maiden, Adrian smith went back too.
                        Actually, Adrian left first and Janick Gers played on No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark, then Bruce left. And Bruce put out Balls To Picasso and Skunkworks without Adrian. Adrian didn't join him until the fourth album, Accident Of Birth. And Bruce's last name is Dickinson.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Forget the Wayne, Adrian rules! Janick seems like a nice guy, but his playing? Ewwwwww
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Dave was my first guitar hero.. love it!

and I agree with Neilli on the rest..

Comment

What's the big deal about Acacia Avenue? I've been past there a few times when i've had to do some work in North London but it looks like an average London council estate to be honest.
                              93 USA Soloist EDS
                              USA HT6 Juggernaut
                              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
                              X