Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Metallica vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzBWz...earch=Mustaine

7 minutes long...I don't know what show this is from...it looks like the same gig that's on Cliff Em All...at least James & Dave are wearing the same clothas as on that one...but this is not from CEA...they're playing Mechanix and then trying to start Phantom Lord...check out Dave at the very end challenging a tard in the audience in typical Dave style...
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

The song was great, but Dave was the same Dick back then and hence they threw his ass out Jack.

Comment

Very common bootlegvideo in that quality. That show is at The Stone, San Francisco, march 5th 1983.

Hit the Lights
      The Mechanix
      Phantom Lord
      Jump in the Fire
      Motorbreath
      No Remorse
      Seek & Destroy
      Bass Solo
      Whiplash
      Am I Evil?
      The Prince
      Blitzkrieg
      Metal Militia

Cliff's first show with the band. They played that venue again two weeks later (March 19).
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I have the entire show in MP3. The sound quality is much better than this youtube vid. The vid is very cool to see though!
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Yeah, Dave Mustaine pretty much kicks everyones ass because he is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by DenimBrigade
            Yeah, Dave Mustaine pretty much kicks everyones ass because he is awesome.
            +1... Megadeth > Metallica
            If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

megadeth will always live in metallica shadow
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user
                megadeth will always live in metallica shadow
                only in the popular media and metallica fanboys eyes

For sheer consistency of material Megadeth > Metallica every day of the week,

and imho dave walks all over hetfield in the guitar department too, but thats my opinion.
                My music:
                www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Pt2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-XKwit-Ni8

Phantom Lord and Jump In The Fire

Let's not get into the Mustaine vs Metallica BS guys....

Comment

Cool vid, but the sound is pretty bad.

Todd
                    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Yup, it's pretty raw

Here's Pt3
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgsUn3n1U8

Motorbreath and No Remorse

Comment

Nice. Dave's solo in Motorbreath just made me feel a whole lot better about my own playing.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I was gonna say, I thought all of these solos that Dave is playing are pretty sloppy and put together badly. I like Kirk Hammett's solos on Kill 'Em All a lot better, even if they are a little more simple, he doesnt sound like he's trying to play stuff that he doesnt have the ability to.

Comment

You know he's (Dave) most likely drunk in these video's/footage, right?
                            In that day, it was rare for him to have a sober performance.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Oh believe me I know, that is still no excuse for sucking at your instrument. I guess thats why the kicked him out though huh.

Comment

Working...
                              X