X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash plays the Godfather theme

Pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bewF2jomUsQ

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

That was pretty neat. I really like the way Slash plays and the sound he gets. I know he ain't the greatest, by far, but damn, he squeezes some cool tone outta that LP.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

slash ain't the greatest???

what the hell did i miss???

Comment

Check out Fantomas "Director's Cut" if you wanna hear another interesting take on the Godfather theme. Not exactly guitar oriented, but entertaining either way.
        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

That's cool stuff. I've always loved hearing Slash play. He doesn't have to play scales at 9000 BPM to make a statement. He really plays from the gut.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Even better are all the other guys trying to play the theme on youtube... shudders all around!
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Slash is badass... I'm glad the video ended before Axl started screeching though.
                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Here's an MP3 of a cool guitar-ified version by a friend of a friend's band:

http://www.notu2.com/The Guitarfather.mp3
                  Last edited by RacerX; 07-24-2006, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                    It IS cool - but since it's probably 15 years old, shouldn't you have attached one of those "old news" captioned pics you love? :ROTF:
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Nah, Rich...that's only if it's been posted here on JCF a time or 2 before...besides

J/K bro!

Comment

You should apply for a job with the State Department Ron! Well-spun indeed!!:ROTF:
                        Last edited by lerxstcat; 07-25-2006, 02:47 AM.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X