Hit a Wheel Barrel on the Freeway yesterday on my bike DOH'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit a Wheel Barrel on the Freeway yesterday on my bike DOH'

Going along at 65 mph I start to pass a truck and of the side of his truck into my lane a contractors wheel barrel......... no where to go-- I drove my front tire right into the barrel -- and did the snow mobile slide to the side of the freeway--- WHOOOO! I backed my bike out of the barrel kicked it a time or two. I had to use a piece of the wheel barrel handle to bend my fender off my tire... Back on the road and to work. I had to buy a new tire and I just got a fender off of Ebay this morning.. I have the James dean look now - no front fender.. What a day - the most puckering was done when I told the wife!!!!!!!!!!!!! she has benn very quite??? anyway I rode the bike to work today also - I didn't want her to sell it while I was at work.
    No more early morning guardening for me.

Barrel? did it have fish in it? J/k sounds like a close call. glad you were able to stay upright. must have been scary for the guy behind you. did the truck stop?

Comment

Shit, you're lucky you aren't dead!

Out here there are no helmet laws, and I'd need more than two hands to count how many motorcyclist have gone to heaven this summer.

Comment

No body stopped-- I slid me and the barrel to the side of the road. Never went down. Naw I did get the number of the truck- busy staying upright. It was a hit for sure - heavy bike is what saved me and the barrel facing me so the tire went into it..
        here is my bike prior to losing the front fender D'OH

Comment

F'n contractors are the worst/most sloppy douches when it comes to securing their gear. It's way too often that I see a contractor's ladder, wheelbarrel, landscaping tools, etc. in the middle of the highway. When those iceholes drop stuff like that, they ought to be forced to run out on the highway, dodge traffic, and retrieve it by hand. :lol

Glad to hear it turned out OK - you're lucky you aren't dead, Hoss.

Comment

No road rash is the important thing, sucks about the bike though

My dad just dropped his 1500 intruder in the drive way, I laughed at him
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

YIKES!!! Bike accidents where you don't go down are super rare! I know, I've had one! Glad you are OK!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Glad you are ok Hoss. I would have shit my pants, no lie. That had to be scary as hell.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Damn!! Glad to hear you are ok.

Comment

great to know that you were not hurt Hoss, that must of been scary as hell!
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Only scary part was tellin the wife :p .. All is good-
                      Don't let this happen to anyone else...

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay man, you've got good reflexes!
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I am glad to hear you are okay. I know when I had my accident a few people stopped once they saw an ambulance. Even tho my leg was shatterd they we upset because all it was is a broken leg. If I could have stood up I would have kicked there @sses.

Glad your okay.
                          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Nothing pisses me off more than people of all kinds that don't secure their crap in their trucks with ropes. I just missed a mattress on the freeway by inches with my car.
                            Glad your safe!!

Comment

WoW!! You're SOOOOOOO lucky!! I was riding a few weeks ago and was coming down a hill and out of nowhere a 10' piece of 1x10 (or something like that) was laying in my lane. I didn't have a place to go so I had to ride over top of and hope I didn't play surfer boy. If I would have hit the brakes I would have went down for sure.

Pic of my bike:

Comment

Working...
                              X