Vintage RC Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage RC Cars

I got one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/tamiya1982-origi...QQcmdZViewItem not it that good of condition for $5 at the fleamarket. I got it to run. What fun. It takes your mind off of everything but the car. They were hot in the '80's and I missed it. But not now.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I had the Baja Bug they made, as well as the Dune Buggy. Can't remember the names of those...then I graduated to nitro...had an Associated RC200, some 4 wheel drive offroad beast as well....those were fun days. I also did RC planes for years and boats. Fun hobby, gets pricey!

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

The neat thing about my Jeep is that it goes slow. The battery is old but takes a charge. I can actually steer it without going 100 MPH.:ROTF: :ROTF: I have a shitbox full of HPI Gas cars. I bought them thinking that I could have fun with the grandkids. Gas where they are going. E-Bay.
      Last edited by fett; 07-29-2006, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Speaking of watches, Mike.:ROTF: :ROTF: I didn't get what I wanted for my Longines so it's on my wrist. Tick. Tock.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

My RC Inventory-

2- RC10 TC3's
          1- RC10 Nitro TC3
          1- RC10 GT
          1- RC10 T3
          1- RC10 B3
          1- RC10 T2
          1- RC12L3
          2- RC10 Dual Sports
          1- TMaxx
          1- Tamiya Mini Cooper FWD, I think it's the M0-3 Chassis.

And support equipment for the above, batteries, chargers, radio systems, tools,Tires, wheels, Fuel, Motors and spare parts etc....

Now that my son is working and almost out of school I'm thinking of getting back into racing. There is a small track just getting going near here.

Comment

You know what's cooler than RC cars Fett? Building model boats and sticking m80'sm on them as they float the river
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I still have my RC10... the original tub, replaced with a MIP rear end, Team Losi steering linkage, and one of the first run graphite chasis when they were $200+.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I too have all my cars although i don't drive them right now. Stopped 6-7 years ago. Got a Tamiya monster truck, a tamiya touring car (was the old TA01 chassis), a Associated RC10L and a Yokomo YZ-10.
                Cool hobby but as a teenager it's bloody expensive especially if you dive into competion cars (Yokomo, Asso, Losi, HPI...).
                I still keep all cars in case i will ever start again. Then again if you compare what those cars did cost new you really don't get anything if you decide to sell them so i just kept them.

Flo
                http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Thats why I still have mine "No Resale Value at All".

Here in the Atlanta area Someone has built an off raod track in his back yard and holds organized "Vintage Only" races a few times a year.

But if you have a complete and in good working order original RC10 and some of the Tamiya kits you can get good $$$ for them. I think Tamiya has started re-releasing some of the kits due to some demand for them.

Comment

Cool.. I used to have a Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid SE (and about a dozen other cars that were less "professional", like Blackfoots and Clodbusters) when I was 15, and this year for my birthday I gave myself a NOS + NIB Kyosho Stinger, which is essentially the same thing in a .21 class..

Poisonous little bastid, but of course hard to find parts for if something breaks.... SO if I stick with it a while I´ll probably pick up an Inferno next summer.. if not I still have a cool vintage car that runs like crazy

BTW, WTF is going on with all of these 89-99% pre built things?? Like 3/4 of the fun is bulding it yourself from the ground up, isn´t it? And if you didn´t build it, how the fuck yo you expect to fix it? Takes all the fun out of it IMO...

On that note, building the Stinger was an interesting task, as slutch mounting shafts today are 1. shorter and 2. part of the crankshaft assembly itself.... that was different 15 years ago, and it caused problems, to the point of me having to dremel away part of the mounting blocks and chassis to get the (2 yr old) engine to fit properly and also have clearance for the ripstart assembly...lol. Had to shim the main shaft in the gearbox and use a different clutch bell as well.... so the clutch has only a 3/4 area contact with the main drive gear..... but it would have been even worse w/o the mods...
                    Last edited by Zerberus; 07-30-2006, 05:47 AM.

Comment

I have a tamiya ,a model which works with batteries.I don't use it much but it's good to have one

I want an RC heli.
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

WTF is going on with all of these 89-99% pre built things??
                        Well, here it's all about instant gratification. But the prebuilt kits do bring in some that would never try and the hobby shops get a lot of repair work so thats $ for them.

Comment

Man. Is this tempting. But it will go for alot more. http://cgi.ebay.com/TAMIYA-The-FROG-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I always built my own. When I built those Associated track cars, you had to build the clutch as well..nothing was pre-built. The cars and boats weren't that bad to build, even for a young teenager...planes were much more difficult. My father was the master plane builder. We built everything from U-Control planes, to full on pattern birds with retracts, 7 channels..the whole deal. RC today is unreal...real jet turbines now!

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I had Two Tamiya "Fox" 2wd cars, and a Tamiya 4wd (I cant recall the name). I was spending more on RC parts than I was on parts for my old nova I drove back then...It was crazy.. Lots of fun though!
                              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                              X