Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How High Do You Wear Your Guitar?

Are you a Jimy Page low-slinger?
    Are you a Nerdo who plays at "Dork Height"? (like me)
    -that means under your chin like Eddie VH.

I can play better if it's up high. I know it looks dicky, but I can put up with a little dorkiness if I can pull off great licks!

C'mon - Let's hear from EVERYBODY
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Never could stand my guitar slung low. I like it up a little higher (not real dorky high, though). It's lower nowadays than it used to be, but still not too low.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

When I was first playing I use to find the longest guitar straps i could & hang the guitar by my knees, Now that I've leard a bit more about comfort & placement of your hands for over all playing depending on wich guitar I'm playing it sits either just around my stomach or like a jazz player choked up under my chin kinda funny seeing a Warrior like that on a guy 6'6:ROTF:
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

It's in the exact position when I sit or I stand.

So, I wear it a lot higher than alot of guys..I gotta see and get to my shit..can't do that if it's by my knees

The bottom of my guitar covers my genital area..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I wear it as low as Nuno

"There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'm wearing it higher than normal these days. If it's in the wrong position, low for me, my carpal tunnel kicks in and my fret hand goes completely numb.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I wear it pretty low. My picking hand is about crotch height. Many straps are too short for me because I'm tall. I know it would be easier to play on the higher frets if I had the guitar strapped under my armpit, but I gotta at least try to look cool.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

all my guitars have built in glory holes..

so I always look "cool"..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Like this...
                  -Rick

Comment

not too low. years of typing improperly have taken their toll on my hands - carpal tunnel and hand cramps require me to have the guitar up a bit higher than is actually cool.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                      Like this...
                      yeah, that's where I'm at..without the glory hole..

Comment

I'm guessing I'm right in the middle of low-slinger and nerdo

At first I thought playing standing was hard.. but I realized after a long time that that was because I had the guitar so low.. That was in my wee days.. :p Now I'm 18 and know a little better ;p

Comment

Sling that bitch LOOOOOOOOW proper like a heavy metal guitarist should. So the lower wing of the V rests on the right inner thigh just above the knee.
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

This is about as low as I go. I am on the left.

Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3
                              Sling that bitch LOOOOOOOOW proper like a heavy metal guitarist should. So the lower wing of the V rests on the right inner thigh just above the knee.

Is that so...well Satan doesn't wear it like that!!

He wears it just like Stuka!!

Comment

Working...
                              X