GIG ALERT Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIG ALERT Aftermath

My band AFTERMATH is playing tomorrow night Friday August 4th at Tiernans in Stamford, CT
    We go on around 10:30.
    Here is a link to Tiernans website: http://www.tiernansbar.com/

We are doing mainly originals and trying out some newly written songs along with a few covers.
    If any of you JCF'rs can make it you will get to hear my totally tweaked Vetta in its full glory. Just be warned... after you hear it you will want one.
    Anyway..... Hope to see any of you there!! It should be PACKED.

if y'all ever play up in mass, let me know!
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Damn I would love to but we are heading up north this weekend! Good luck and have fun......Congrats on hitting 10k post John!!

Comment

Have a great show John..

Come to Cleveland..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Kick ass and take names John... on the Aftermath mailing list, that is! Have a great show!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

jg... did you use the v-wah? how are you liking it? (sorry off topic a little)
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I wish I was in the area John. You guys have some great stuff!
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I checked your clips on your site, the chorus and vocal harmonies in "I" are fantastic!

man, that is some good shit. right down my alley. too bad I'm in LA.

have a great gig bro!
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Thanks guys. The gig was great. Packed to the rafters with hot chickies!!!
                  The sound was great. My Vetta and scalloped Warmoth strat rocked the house. I would like to think that I put on a guitar clinic last night. The other bands 2 guitarists got schooled. You guys know I HATE compliments on my personal playing. Band compliments are cool. Personal compliments REALLY suck for me. With that said... I got a ton of the type of compliments I hate and I had to leave the club early before I got too depressed. True story.
                  When you are 44 and never accomplished your goal of being a rock star or even making it in the music business... people coming up to you and telling you that you are an amazing guitarist really stinks. At least for me it does.
                  I was out of that club before midnight. My wife wanted to stay. All I wanted to do was hide. I hate clubs that don't have a dressing or band hang out room. This gig was a total success. I was really happy for my bandmates. We REALLY sounded great.
                  I am a pretty nutty guy.

Comment

got any pics of the gig?

You need to chill out, accept compliments with a smile. Success isnt measured in platinum albums, world—wide notoriety or dollar bills...you should know by now that talent ahs nothing to do with it
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz
                      got any pics of the gig?

You need to chill out, accept compliments with a smile. Success isnt measured in platinum albums, world—wide notoriety or dollar bills...you should know by now that talent ahs nothing to do with it
                      I know Shawn. I'll get over it one day.

Comment

jg, a lot of us ended up not being famous, a least you can say you are still playing out to the people. (Unlike me, playing to 4 walls in my studio )Those people liked your playing and that really says something. When it's all said and done, the big thing is you have to ask yourself, "Did I have Fun"? After all, music was invented to please the ear, entertain and lift people's spirits. I think you accomplished that in great strides and you have a artist talent you can be proud of. You also have a wife that enjoys the music too. You are blessed my friend. Keep up the good work. Don't be so hard on yourself
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

shit I'm just happy I found a band that wanted me to play with them.

jg, it's kind of funny (peculiar funny) that you can do the whole band/practice/play/gig/record thing and it's only the compliments that fuck your shit up. it's like there's a line there. (?)

shit I'm just loving playing music. I took the 9-5 route and now that I'm playing in a band I really don't regret that any more.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                            shit I'm just happy I found a band that wanted me to play with them.

jg, it's kind of funny (peculiar funny) that you can do the whole band/practice/play/gig/record thing and it's only the compliments that fuck your shit up. it's like there's a line there. (?)

shit I'm just loving playing music. I took the 9-5 route and now that I'm playing in a band I really don't regret that any more.
                            I absolutely love the gig when I am actually playing. I even like the set up time. I always play to the crowd and usually I pick out a few hotties who are really responding to my playing and I play to them. I always have a ton of eye contact because I rarely look down when I play.
                            The second I get off of the stage everything goes to shit for me internally.
                            My ultimate gig is to play to the crowd and when the set is over I can hide in the dressing room and jam out on a practice amp until the next set. When the gig is over I would like to high tail it out to the car and BOOK it on out of there.
                            My other bandmates love to interact with the crowd so my crowd interaction short comings don't effect the band too much. People ask where I am alot and they just say I'm probably out in the parking lot or something.

Comment

John, embrace it bro..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anytime Billy ocean comes on, I totally say I know the dude who plays that riff!!!!

You're an AWSOME player no matter if you have to work monday morning or not
                              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                              X