Hot Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Dogs

This is being prompted by my wife who says that Hot Dogs should be grilled during the summer. I like my hot dogs boiled. She gets mad when I put burgers on the grill and a pot of water on the stove. Maybe I should put the water on the grill.

So, how do you like your dogs cooked?
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

nothing beats a grilled dog basted in spicey BBQ sauce... figure out how much it takes to make it explode then back it off a bit.

love boiled too... just not as much as grilled.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

If it feels good do it!
      I like them steamed in beer.My grandmother taught me that trick.She was from Yugoslavia and was an outstanding cook.I was in New Jersey several years ago and had a deep fried dog that was bad ass called a ripper.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd eat them grilled, boiled, or microwaved... in that order. They just don't taste the same if they're not grilled.
        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I'll eat them any of the above ways, but I prefer them fried in a pan with butter.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Steamed

Comment

straycat, funny you should mention beer. I like them boiled in water with beer and peeled onion added. The water must not get too hot and they need to lay there for at least 15-20 minutes.

I like 'em grilled too.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I prefer them boiled, just like the dirty water NYC dogs! I had a family barbecue/reunion a few weeks ago, and my uncle boiled them.
                Grilled or microwaved is fine, too, but boiled is best... then add some mustard and raw onions and I'm in heaven!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                  or microwaved is fine
                  You can microwave them too?

I like them both ways. I eat boiled hot dogs more than grilled, cause it's easier to make .

Comment

Since moving here to Rochester,I found myself becoming quite addicted to what they call a "white hot" here.It's an all pork 'dog,and has to truely be experienced to be appreciated.Of course,these must be grilled.There is only one place that makes them,and they refused to expand their market into other areas of the country so as to not compromise quality.

As for the red ones,I prefer them steamed and "Chicago style."
                    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Nothing beats a 100% beef brat on the grill.

I'll also throw them in a skillet or in the microwave, but the grill is the best.
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I dont care cooked is fine, allthough George Foreman does mine decently...

Ozz

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                          but I prefer them fried in a pan with butter.
                          It's settled, you ARE weird, man!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'll take an original King Dog from the KingDome...Or a Dog outside Qwest field after a Hawks Win
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Boiled! My wife thinks I'm insane, but grilling them kills the taste.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X