muscle building supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muscle building supplements

What do you suggest for protien and such. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, and I'm by no means a power lifter or anything.

I recently had surgery, (may 9th) and I've been doing some heavy lifting at therapy. It was suggested to take a protein supplement or whatever by a few people (my JuJitsu instructor, some workers, et cetera).

I'm no where near as strong as before sugery (curls are at 20lbs on the right arm, whereas before they were 45).

What do you guys who lift suggest? I'm not interested in getting huge or anything, just a decent 5 8 165ish. I'm basically there now weight-wise...just with a tubby tummy!

Anyway, help.

Creatine 100% mono-sodium
    L-Glutamine
    Whey Protein based shakes
    Work out hard, fast and be consistant.
    Drink plenty of water... 8-10 large glasses a day minimum.

Comment

If you're trying to recover muscle after surgery get protein (I recommend whey protein...I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey) and something called Endothil-CR, which bodybuilders use, but was originally designed for muscle rebuidling after atrophy. Read about it here... http://www.novexbiotech.com/endothil/a/index.asp

Comment

I use Nitrean from www.atlargenutrition.com and LOVE it!! Get the chocolate!

You could also take a glucosamine/chondroiton/msm combination for connective tissue health.

Comment

Working...
        X