Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Project(s): Matching Mirror Tops (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Project(s): Matching Mirror Tops (pic heavy)

I started doing these in pairs to save time...Still not convinced it does. Both are IC300 Icemans. The silver one is for a guy in Australia. The blue one will most likely go on ebay, or hang in my office for a while...Not sure yet.

>>--HuntinDoug-->

I say your next project should be an EVH!
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

are those safe to play?

I mean, no exposed sharp edges?

do you buff all the edges before setting them in?
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
        I say your next project should be an EVH!
        A red, white & black EVH top would be cool. I'd like to do a yellow & black Stryper RR, but the yellow mirror I ordered was defective. They won't let me return it because I cut the sheet down.

Originally posted by skorb
        are those safe to play?

I mean, no exposed sharp edges?

do you buff all the edges before setting them in?
        I file a small 45 degree bevel on all the edges. You can run your hand across it without a problem. In the closeup pic of the silver, you can barely see the bevels.
        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Doug if you do an EVH on an Explorer, Star or Strat body I would not be able to pass that up!!

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Hey Doug these look great I found a company that makes the Iceman body with a Floyd Rose route , might make for a good future project.
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

Chuk,
              I've seen a few companies that will do Iceman bodies. There was a guy on ebay a while back that did nice work. I think he went by "103MPH" or something like that. Check with Tony at Octoberguitars.com , or Denny at Slash bodies. I think they both will do custom shapes & layouts. Tony and I talked about doing a 1 hum, floyded Mirror Top Iceman as a display for his new shop. Denny did a nice 1 hum strat style body for Mark (MM2002) with a zero clearance EMG81 route... I know you are a EMG/Floyd fan. It would be a cool project...
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
              X