Stupid band name!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid band name!

Anyone been in a band with a stupid band name?? The band I'm with now is the best group of guys I've played with!! But they came up with this stupid name, love it! They also aren't willing to change it! O'well, the music is more important to me anyway!!
    I love admins!

I was in a pop/rock band in Seattle called Jet City. The singer/other guitarist came up with that. When I told some other folks about it that lived there they just laughed because of course there'd been a half dozen bands with that name already. I didn't last too long in that band.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Played with a group called Duckhouse Basement Blues band... Where do you go with that?
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

i am in a band with a stupid name now!!! it is so bad i am embarrassed to even type it. the sad things is, the leader LOVES it so much that he even got t-shirts made....built a website.....had the "logo" put on our press photos.....ughhhh, there is no escaping the name!!!!!

we have our first gig (as a band) on saturday night. all i can say is: THANK GOD I AM JUST THE GUITAR PLAYER!!!!!

the leader of my band (the bassist) is such an ego maniac that he sings more songs in the set list than the singer....who is a woman with a POWERFUL bluesy voice.....his voice is NOWHERE near as good. his excuse: "i want to save her voice." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....hang on, let me catch my breath......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

why don't i quit? because the music is just WAAAYYYY to good!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Any name ending in the letters ...ion is a stupid band name.

I've never been a fan of those abstract hardcore band names.

I'd rather be called something mediocre like The Sinners, than have a name like, Malevolent Destruction.

Comment

I was in a covers band called Okachobi.....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by markD
              i am in a band with a stupid name now!!! we have our first gig (as a band) on saturday night. all i can say is: THANK GOD I AM JUST THE GUITAR PLAYER!!!!! why don't i quit? because the music is just WAAAYYYY to good!!!
              This is exactly my situation! We're called Spatter Pattern. It's supposedly a CSI term for when you find blood I guess!! There are lot that seem to like the name! And there are others like me that laugh when they first hear it! Lol! O'well the music we got going is kicking ass so what can I do but just play!
              I love admins!

Comment

Band names should be a band choice, not just one dudes.

I played in a band years ago and when we were picking a name the other guitar player wanted "KGB". I shot it down immediately. Not only was I not interested in a communist "secret police" name, but the letters KG was dudes initials and it was not HIS band.

I did play in a battle of the bands once under the name "Fish Head".
                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I have never liked my band's names but they never asked me:

French Cutt (80's hair band)
                  Damn Skippy (didn't hate that one so much)
                  Hogan's Hero (Hero was the founding member)
                  Bad Monkey (had to change, already being used)
                  Upside Down (no idea why?)
                  No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

My band was called "Witch Hunt". I was credited with the name, even though I didn't want us to be called that.

I thought it would ba good name for a band, so I started working on a logo for fun. One of my bandmates saw it, assumed it was for us, told the other members, and all of a sudden we were Witch Hunt.

Normally, that would have been cool, as I liked the name, but we WEREN'T A FRICKIN' METAL BAND! We played 70's and 80's variety; Kiss, Bon Jovi, the Cult, Jimi Hendrix, Bad Company, etc.

It just didn't make sense to me, as the name didn't match the musical style.

Maybe I just overthink things.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Virtual Halen = GAY

I fuggin' hated that name!!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My first band was a punkrock band called "ant testicle"
                        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I was in a band with a terrible name once, and the singer was on a streak of them (serious ego/insecurity problems).

When I joined, the band was called "Oktane." Not good at all.

Later the sound changed and the band changed it's name to "Smitten." This one was almost worse than the first.

When the singer started pushing to name the band "Butter" things were unraveling fast.

Apparently he has now quit music and dedicated his life to the study of the martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                            I was in a band with a terrible name once, and the singer was on a streak of them (serious ego/insecurity problems).

When I joined, the band was called "Oktane." Not good at all.

Later the sound changed and the band changed it's name to "Smitten." This one was almost worse than the first.

When the singer started pushing to name the band "Butter" things were unraveling fast.

Apparently he has now quit music and dedicated his life to the study of the martial arts.
                            I don't blame him, seems like he smartened up enough to know that he needs to learn to defend himself against all the blows to the head that made him think of those names.
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[QUOTE=St.James]Band names should be a band choice, not just one dudes.QUOTE] I agree, and was out voted by the rest of the band! They are very level headed, and no ego issues between us! It's great!! Waay worth living with the name! Lol!
                              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                              X