Stupid band name!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave it to Ron..

Go find Jimmy Hoffa already..I know you can!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

There is a local band around here called Stiff Richard.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Hehe. Go Ron! Emmett Otter kicked ass!!!!

"Look at the birds up in the trees."

"Hey, we're not birds, we're a jug band."
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I actually have the best worst band name ever. It's the name of an original 80's metal group from Canton, OH. They're one of those bands who are... well, the butt of a lot of jokes in their music community. They seem oblivious to this, as they've been at "it" for quite some time.

Without further ado:

L.O.U.D.

(Leaving Others Usually Deaf)

Comment

Adam..does that LOUD cd have like a Tongue sticking out on the cover or something..

if yes,..I had that cd..and still see them on occassion at the local Record Exachanges..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075988/

I don't remember seeing this, although as a huge Muppets fan in the 70s, I probably did! Looks good, I'd like to see it again!
              I was a big Muppets fan back in the day too. I've actually got Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas on DVD. It's kind of a cult classic. I bought it for my daughter a few years ago at Christmas. The best song on there is "Bar-B-Q" by the jug band. It's a funny muppets movie.

Hey Ron...Do you remember the muppets episode where the guest (cant recall who it was) played the song that went: "A-Ceegareets -N- A-Whiskay -N- A-Wild Wild Women, Thell Drive You Crazy, Thell Drive You Insaneee"
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Forgot to mention the stupid band name that I was in a few years back. I designed the logo:

>>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                  Adam..does that LOUD cd have like a Tongue sticking out on the cover or something..

if yes,..I had that cd..and still see them on occassion at the local Record Exachanges..
                  I never owned the CD, so I can't comment on the cover art. You're in NW Ohio - you've seen it. It's the same band.

Edit: I did some digging, and it turns out that L.O.U.D. has changed their style and hired a new management team. In typical L.O.U.D. fashion, they are still a solid 10 years behind the curve, but at least they're trying.

Only because I find it funny: http://www.clearchannelnewmusicnetwo.../loudrules.com
                  Last edited by Adam; 08-22-2006, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I was in a band called Genocide of the Nazis. lol

My brother had a band called Giraffe Masterbation, they even had t-shirts printed up of a guy jacking off a giraffe! :ROTF:

Comment

My current band is called "Garland Green", which I don't care for too much but I joined them so...

They said its the name of a twisted villian from the movie Con-Air, which I haven't seen since it first came out so I don't really remember the guy.

A band I was in back in '90 was actually learning the "Riverbottom Nightmare Band" tune but we never played it out. It translatesnicely over to a metal tune.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug
                        Forgot to mention the stupid band name that I was in a few years back. I designed the logo:

Nice..:ROTF:

Adam..next time I see that disc I'll grab it..for shits and giggles..

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                          I actually have the best worst band name ever. It's the name of an original 80's metal group from Canton, OH. They're one of those bands who are... well, the butt of a lot of jokes in their music community. They seem oblivious to this, as they've been at "it" for quite some time.

Without further ado:

L.O.U.D.

(Leaving Others Usually Deaf)

http://www.clearchannelnewmusicnetwo.../loudrules.com
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nah, this is the competing band

HA HA HA I FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE!!

Check it out!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DWfSpSOMe8k

Very Tap-ish.
                            Love it!
                            -Rick

Comment

oops that's not ringing a bell..not the cover or logo. Hmmm I'll grab that if I see it, and look at the other one as well..

Thanks Ron..

Comment

Eight Days After? That doesn't sound too bad....
                                hhahaha, no....that was my band that i had since 92. we broke up because the singer turned into an alcoholic/meth abuser and lost all focus!!!

the name of the band i am in now is.......

"the skywire project"

i HATE the name!!!!!!!
                                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X