Some photos to share...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some photos to share...

...from yesterday's Wings and Wheels at my local airport. This year's turnout was not as good, airplane wise. The dudes with the Vietnam era Jolly Green didn't come and neither did the dudes with the P51 or Mig. Anyway...the first few shots are of "Yankee Lady". She is a fabulous B17.

Tail gunner's position.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Port Authority Police chopper.

NASA chase plane.
    Last edited by StukaJU87; 08-21-2006, 11:44 AM.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Coupla jeeps and a "mule".

1/2 track.
      Last edited by StukaJU87; 08-21-2006, 11:45 AM.
      Scott

Comment

Cool!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Foam truck and massive runway plow.

Last edited by StukaJU87; 08-21-2006, 11:49 AM.
          Scott

Comment

I love the b-17. We have an annual airshow and one year they had a B-17. For a small fee you could walk through the bomber. The next year they had a B-29 that you could walk through.
            You don't see too many air worthy B-17's these days.
            No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
              I love the b-17. We have an annual airshow and one year they had a B-17. For a small fee you could walk through the bomber. The next year they had a B-29 that you could walk through.
              You don't see too many air worthy B-17's these days.
              They were offering rides at $425. I wanted to go, but neither of the people I was with wanted to spend the $$$.
              Scott

Comment

Aw, man. That B-17 was up here a few weeks ago. I wanted to go see her, but spaced on it.

Great pics, though!

Comment

And don't those B17 sound awesome??!! Imagine hearing hundreds of them pass over your head, hopefully not going to flatten your town!
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

The B-17 “Aluminum Overcast” when doing an air show in the S.F. bay area would use one of our Docks at United Airlines Maintenance Center for an overhaul.
                    A month before it got there you could sign up to volunteer to help work on it.
                    I never did, but my friends that did got such a kick working on it.
                    The whole base would stop work and watch the engine run-up tests.
                    They would draw 5 names to get a ride in her when the repairs were complete.
                    In Oct, The Blue Angles will be parking outside our shop for Fleet Week.
                    I’ll get some pics then.
                    http://home.gwi.net/~mfdyer/B17.html

Comment

The chase plane is a Northrup T-38 Talon. Always loved those, very sleek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-38_Talon
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice Shots! That Plow is freaking Huge

Comment

Scott, was the "L" series the last of the B-17s? For some reason, I thought the "K" model was the last mass produced B-17.
                          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY
                            Scott, was the "L" series the last of the B-17s? For some reason, I thought the "K" model was the last mass produced B-17.
                            I think the "G" model was the last variant produced in any quantity. Most of the models after that were usually modified B-17Gs

Comment

Working...
                            X