No announcement yet.

To those who hate Nirvana...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rap was created one day when my toilet overflowed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph E.
      Oh god, U2...

Another one of those bands i'll never understand.
      I have a buddy who is a singer/writer/guitarist in Muscle Shoals, AL. He's written for Travis Tritt, Martina McBride, Jamie O'Neal, and several others. Toured with Sara Evans, Martina, and O'Neal. He will flat out tell ya that U2/Edge is one of his biggest influences of all time. Personally, I think he needs a fucking labotomy.
      "POOP"

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlineStageGear
        Rap was created one day when my toilet overflowed.
        did it have a subwoofer underneath it?

A player like Edge has a different approach than Dave Mustaine. I see him more as an offshoot of Brian May.
        I find it difficult to slam anyone who has won a grammy.
        Last edited by charvelguy; 08-23-2006, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by St.James
          I've heard people refer to that Edge dude as a very influential guitar player.. I don't get that at all!
          I think the problem with alot of these polls and articles in Rolling Stone and other garbage magazines etc. is that the writers/editors probably aren't even musicians. It becomes trendy and cool to go with the popular players like Edge, Cobain, and other no talent hacks and hail them as gods.

It really is misleading to everyone who reads these magazines.

Comment

• I like U2.

Say what you want about the Edge, but he has a sound that is unique and instantly recognizeable as HIS. How many of you can make that claim? He took "Run Like Hell" and made a whole textured style from it. No, he didn't invent it..but he certainly embraced it and made it his own. I still think that "The Unforgetable Fire" and "The Joshua Tree" are two of the best rock records released in the 1980s. They are beautiful. Slam me if you want, go ahead...I don't give a fuck.

Oh, and the solo from "New Year's Day" is a sonic masterpiece. Full of emotion, simple and has a KILLER tone.

I liked rap too, when it was relatively new and had rock beats and guitars. Those early LL Cool J and Run DMC records were great. I abhor rap, hip-hop and what they call R&B now..but I am still down with Run.

It isn't all metal, people.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

• I think Edge is very humble in the grand scheme of success and players.. the man knows his limitations and knows how to utilize his strengths in the format of U2's music, yet still reinvents enough to keep it fresh. To me. thats not being a hack.. that is just playing it smart. Maybe the sensitivity and expressive nature in his playing isn't appealing as his form of power playing isn't to rip the skin on your face off with blazing arps and riffs. Same with Bono.. slam all you want.. Bono is a great singer in his own respect with his ability to express & portray emotion.. which is painting the landscape.

In the artistic realm of things (which, as players, we should all be musicians/painters..ie; artists.)
              We're talking differences of Picasso to Van Gogh. Well, they locked Van Gogh up and never considered that his work would sell for millions.

So you prefer Picasso over Van Gogh.. doesn't mean that Van Gogh hasn't a huge level of appeal with the rest of the world.
              Last edited by charvelguy; 08-23-2006, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by charvelguy
                I find it difficult to slam anyone who has won a grammy.
                You know that Britney Spears won a Grammy. :ROTF:

So did Linkin Park. Two in fact. One in rap and one in metal.

Someone winning a Grammy doesn't mean shit to me. I do think the Edge is a great guitarist though.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim

Someone winning a Grammy doesn't mean shit to me. I do think the Edge is a great guitarist though.
                  +1
                  Remember... Milli Vanilli or whatever you call them, won a Grammy.
                  ANYBODY can win a grammy if you have the right promotors and label backing.
                  Talent has very little to do with it anymore.
                  -Rick

Comment

• I dig old U2. I also like old school rap. I'm down with the DMC.

Comment

• well.. compared to where I sit.. a grammy is still a light year down the dues path. Doesn't mean it is important in the realm of music if you still believe what you do is the best for you and not a sell out to the masses.

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim

+1000

Sheep sheep sheep..

Bahh Bahh Bahhh..

I'm a wolf..I eat sheep..very tasty!!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlineStageGear
                          Rap was created one day when my toilet overflowed.

the ONLY rap vid can put a smile on my face is "Baby Got Back"...I still laugh at that shit..

Far as the rest..old school..new school..whatever..I have ZERO use for it.

it's nails on a chalk board to me ..

The thing with Rap ..it wasn't wriiten with ME in mind..so I can't relate..I don't want to relate..

Rap is over here and I'm way the fuck over there..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• you can't relate to Fuck Tha Police?
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik
                              you can't relate to Fuck Tha Police?
                              Nope..I certainly can't..

I AM 5 0..The Po Po...the anithesis of that entire philosophy and mindset..obviously!!

Rap is EVERYTHING I'm not..and visa versa.

Comment

• what about Satanic Rap?
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X