Bee stings & motorcycles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee stings & motorcycles.

So I am riding my motorcycle (very clean 1990 Honda CBR1000F) home from work yesterday. It was a beautiful day, but there was a 60-year old guy driving a Corvette not 1 mile an hour over the speed limit who was really pissing me off (if you're going to drive a car like that, USE IT!!!).

Anyway, I was following this guy for a few miles, and when the road finally split into two lanes, I punched it and passed him. Right then a bee flew into my helmet, and wedged between the helmet and my temple. The little bastard stung me, of course. I had to pull off on a side street, park the bike, pull my gloves off, pull my helmet off, and let the damn bee free. Must have been a bumblebee, because I didn't have a stinger stuck in me, and it was big and round and flew off when I pulled my helmet off.

I would have been OK except for the fact that I like to ride with my helmet visor up as long as I am going under 45. It was open, so the bee had a path straight in to my helmet.

Fortunately I am not allergic, but it still felt like the side of my head was on fire for the next few hours. No swelling though.

Anybody else had this happen?

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

No
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I have gone under street lights at night doing 60 and got pelted in the face with may flies and knats. No bites but the shit definitely stung.

Comment

Put your sheild down Bro
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

So did the old guy in the 'Vette wind up passing you after all?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
            So did the old guy in the 'Vette wind up passing you after all?

And, did he get stung too? See, there's a lesson to be learned here I think.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Is the Lesson Honda's always lose to Vettes? Lol
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Can't say that I have.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I agree... keep your sheild down. I've gotten hit in the face with rocks at speeds under 45 that would have f-ed me up pretty bad if I wouldn't have had mine down.

Comment

I had a wasp or hornet or something of that sort stuck so far into my chest that I had to pull him out. But never a bee.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Full face helmet here, w/ shield down.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

'Bout twenty years ago, I was blasting along the local ring road on my old Kwacker. I felt the impact of a large-ish bug on my chest. Not being a particularly uncommon experience, I paid no further heed to this. However, this wasp/bee/whatever had fallen into my lap, and the little bastard caught me right on the nutsack! Fortunately, I was wearing heavy jeans, but that really smarted.....

Comment

Yep .. Comin home from work one day on the bike the little bastard hit my neck and slid into my shirt ..... stung my chest ..

I'm allergic ...

I made it home and got to feeling woozy ... told the wife, maybe ya better call an ambulance..looked like I emptied the whole town emergancy resonse team .. neighbors standing in front of my house wondering what was going on ........ yeah that was a sucky day for sure..
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

"Yep .. Comin home from work one day on the bike the little bastard hit my neck and slid into my shirt ..... stung my chest .."

pretty much the same thing happened to me, except i'm not allergic - thank god. i hate wasps with a passion, i tell you....

Comment

I had one hit my neck and silde down my shirt too.....stung me in the stomach and ended up in my pant leg....I was crossing a bridge when it happened. Trying to ride, not hit anything and kill that fugger at the same time my left mirror was vibrating off my bike was quite a challange....must have looked pretty funny too

Comment

Working...
                              X