Bee stings & motorcycles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam
    So did the old guy in the 'Vette wind up passing you after all?
    Yes, he did!

As soon as I got back on the bike (with my visor DOWN this time...), my first goal was to find and pass that guy. Couldn't find him, though.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
      And, did he get stung too? See, there's a lesson to be learned here I think.
      That certainly crossed my mind! My impatience definitely got the better of me that day.

- E.

Comment

Too funny! Hehehe That old guy's probably got a container full of bees in his glove compartment.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I’ve always been curious about insects impacting motorcyclist in the face. There is no helmet law in South Carolina. I’m sure this sort of thing happens quite often around here. Anybody ingest an insect while riding? Note to self wear a helmet. Or better yet, buy a vette.

Comment

How do you know that motorcyclist is happy? by all the bugs stuck to his teeth.
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by hgsmith
              I’ve always been curious about insects impacting motorcyclist in the face. There is no helmet law in South Carolina. I’m sure this sort of thing happens quite often around here. Anybody ingest an insect while riding? Note to self wear a helmet. Or better yet, buy a vette.
              No helmet law in NH either, and BTW they hurt especially june bugs
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I can't count how many bike runs there are here every year, and I constantly hear them bitch about the helmet laws. The bike shops usually order tons of extras right before a big run, and they usually sell out! Yes, bugs hurt, but concrete hurts a lot worse! Wear a helmet.
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

When someone dies because of no helmet, I laugh at them because they deserve it
                  I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing
                    Is the Lesson Honda's always lose to Vettes? Lol
                    No. The lesson is keep the helmet visor down.

The way he was driving that 'vette, my youngest daughter would have lapped him on her trike.

I had already blown by him when the bee hit me; I unfortunately had to relinquish my lead to deal with my stinging temple.

- E.

Comment

Originally posted by hgsmith
                      Yep, a dragon fly. Very high in protein It got filtered and strained in the air inlet to my full coverage helmet before in got in my mouth though.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
                        "Yep .. Comin home from work one day on the bike the little bastard hit my neck and slid into my shirt ..... stung my chest .."

pretty much the same thing happened to me, except i'm not allergic - thank god. i hate wasps with a passion, i tell you....
                        +1 Same with me. I hate those buggers!
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

My kawasakis always beat hondas though
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                            Yes, bugs hurt, but concrete hurts a lot worse! Wear a helmet.
                            +1,000,000
                            Only reason I'm still here today.
                            My brain bucket kept my head from becoming a stain on the pavement.
                            Still got the shit knocked out of me, but I walked away from it... ok, was carried away, but two weeks later I walked out of the hospital.
                            -Rick

Comment

I had my lid on, with the visor up, but with a face mask on and sunglasses. There was about 5mm of flesh showing..........which was where the bastard wasp tagged me! Oh yes, it smarted, and it throbbed! And my face swelled up like a balloon.
                              Have I learned my lesson? Nope!!!
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                                +1,000,000
                                Only reason I'm still here today.
                                My brain bucket kept my head from becoming a stain on the pavement.
                                Still got the shit knocked out of me, but I walked away from it... ok, was carried away, but two weeks later I walked out of the hospital.
                                Absolutely! I didn't end up as bad (35 mph) crash on black cinders in coal country Pennsylvania (watch out guy's in the Spring time) turn, but my helmet was destroyed instead of my head. That was back when Bell was still (and now again) making helmets in the USA. They were a full service manufacturer. I sent my helmet back to them for evaluation, and it was not rebuildable. They sent me a new one, same model, for an $50 exchange charge. If it was just liner or paint damage it would have been repaired. Man, those were the days. Keep the Lid on and the Visor Down! I still do it in 103F heat! (Visor up at the Stop light though )

Comment

Working...
                                X