No announcement yet.

Bee stings & motorcycles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got stung by a big motherfucking bumblebee the other day while I was out riding my mountain bike. God damn it hurt like a bitch.

Unfortunately I have an allergic reaction to bee stings (not the life threatening type), but I swelled up terrible and I've been itching like crazy. Embarrasing thing is it was on my shoulder and the swelling went all the way down below my nipple. So I've had one giant man boob all week. ughhh

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
      Absolutely! I didn't end up as bad (35 mph) crash on black cinders in coal country Pennsylvania (watch out guy's in the Spring time) turn, but my helmet was destroyed instead of my head. That was back when Bell was still (and now again) making helmets in the USA. They were a full service manufacturer. I sent my helmet back to them for evaluation, and it was not rebuildable. They sent me a new one, same model, for an $50 exchange charge. If it was just liner or paint damage it would have been repaired. Man, those were the days. Keep the Lid on and the Visor Down! I still do it in 103F heat! (Visor up at the Stop light though )
      I was wearing a Shoei full face... can't remember the model.
      Cracked it from the base of the back all the way to the front. I landed on the back of my head and shoulders blades after going over a car.
      Almost broke my neck.
      I gave the helmet to the store where I bought my bike. They had it on display for years as an example of why you should wear a helmet.
      Haven't driven a bike on city streets since then (1988).
      And yea... I've eaten my fair share of insects before I got the full face.
      Mmmmm... tastey! Never stung though.
      -Rick

Comment

Yep!!!!!!!
        It was a big RED WASP, Bastard got me 3 times before I could get stoped and get my shirt off.
        I had a passanger and was running at highway speed. Dam near had a bad case of road rash from that one.

Comment

Shoei is the only way to go, I have 2. I have a Bell for motocross .
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

A friend of mine had a Wasp enter the top air scoop on his Helmet,he said it was making a very angry noise,so he opened up the throttle on his Susuki GSX 750R to about 175mph and heard a very loud POP-no more wasp
            http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
              +1,000,000
              Only reason I'm still here today.
              My brain bucket kept my head from becoming a stain on the pavement.
              Still got the shit knocked out of me, but I walked away from it... ok, was carried away, but two weeks later I walked out of the hospital.
              +1 thousand million bagillion brother!
              The only reason I'm here today was also because of a helmet. Matter of fact, I still have that helmet. It has gouges from pointy rocks so deep that they were way past the gelcoat and fiberglass, and into the liner. If that would have been my skull I can promise you I wouldn't be alive today. People who refuse to wear helmets are just fucking idiots. I know, because I used to be one of those idiots.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Me too, I only got a cuncussion!!!

But I tore up my bike and ankle, slightly remeber the wreck at least
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Haven't been stung on a motorcycle yet..happened on a bike one time. As far as the motorcycle goes, I have been "bugged" before. Been hit several times and once had a bugs guts burn like acid on the side of my face. I ride with my shield up 1/4 of the way at lower speeds. At 90+ degrees (as it has been for months), you over heat in a full face helmet. Full down at higher speed or after dark though. I went for a night ride about a month and a half ago and almost couldn't see by the time I got home due to all of the damn mosquitoes.
                  The Buzzard does not fear
                  The man in riot gear
                  Harvest a skull of stone
                  The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

My worst bee incident was on a dirt bike. I ran out of gas clinbing a hill on our property when I was a kid. Just happened to be on top of a bee hive in the ground. I apparently pissed em off pretty good cause I got swarmed and stung from head to toe. Glad I'm not allergic.
                    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

saw the thread title and thought this was about a C&W ode to small-breasted women on Harleys. How disappointing!
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing
                        Shoei is the only way to go, I have 2. I have a Bell for motocross .
                        Yeah, great helmets including Arai (if you can afford one). The last Arai I had was on the Buell racing development team back in '97. It cost me $550 and that was team discounted. I have Arai, Shoei and Bell helmets for Street and Motocross. Bell is now making helmets (street) back in the USA again. You can't beat Shoei and Arai for fit though. They fit me like a glove.
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                          You can't beat Shoei and Arai for fit though. They fit me like a glove.
                          what shape is your head?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                            what shape is your head?
                            Like Mr. Spock. Sometimes the ears get in the way though
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I wear full gear most of the time, yet still got stung last summer when a honey bee hit a stip of exposed flesh on my neck between my coat collar and helmet. Yikes did it hurt!

chuck
                              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Working...
                              X