Score one for Micro Trend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score one for Micro Trend

Had a computer here with a Spyware/Jrojan attack that installed findthewebsiteyouneed deskbar and all the usual attachments. Adware could remove it nor could Spybot even with the running first after a reboot. I ran the microtrend online removal tool and bam, she be gone.
    Matt

good old housecall. Their online virus scan works pretty well if you have all the necessary tools to run it. I tried updating my dad's computer and installing all the software to run it and the computer has not been the same since. It froze up and is/has been running slowly. Most of the time housecall works pretty well.

Safe Mode+ a good virus scanner will remove most anything in my experience.
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Probably because they wrote it in the first place.
      But glad you got that crap removed.
      -Rick

Comment

I used to use Trend Micro Housecall and Panda online scanners all the time before I used AVG or even a firewall...but lately no.. I've stayed away from them just cause I didn't want the intrusiveness of having to download their engine. I use Smartcop instead, seems to do deep scans but V6 will also will alert you to things as trojans that are borderline suspicious but not a threat. V7.. that is more user friendly..and still free.

Comment

Is there any freeware out there for Macs? That's what I have at home (the wife's). I've had no problems with it, but would like to scan it for adware and stuff but can't find any programs.
          EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

That's because nobody has written any for Macs yet.
            Network Associates (McAfee) and Symantec (Norton) have anti-virus software for Macs, but no spyware detection software.
            -Rick

Comment

Working...
            X