This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Bill!

You're making me afraid to ever go out and have a cold beer with ya!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm
      Damn Bill!

You're making me afraid to ever go out and have a cold beer with ya!
      It's really really bad bro...and it's not getting better with time..

I'm going out tonight to see John play..

As soon as he's done, I'm outta there and going home..

I don't do "social" things anymore..it's best for everyone that way..

I even told all the docs that THIS forum is all I have socially..besides a few friends..

You guys are my friends..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

dude, you need to go the BCB and hang out with Tommy
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Police say Massett did have a pistol license, but that license has been revoked.
          Before or after this incident?

Either way he is probably screwed. As Bill pointed out, guns in a drinking establishment are a NO NO! I am not allowed to, and I am law enforcement. Why would some local yokel be allowed to? That is for a very good reason. Your buddies story echos many that caused this rule.

I am not going to rehash all of what BillZ said. I am just going to confirm that he is right.

Your buddy is probably headed to the big house.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

After being attacked with a pair of garden shears,I am more than certain PTSD would be a major factor in your friend's reactions in this situation.

I hope all is well for both parties involved.....
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91
              After being attacked with a pair of garden shears,I am more than certain PTSD would be a major factor in your friend's reactions in this situation.
              If he had an existing disorder he should have never been issued the permit in the first place. They ask all those questions on the application for a handgun permit.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

"80 rounds?! That is in-fucking-sane...!"

actually it was closer to 90..he emptied two glocks on our asses..I nailed him three times in the groin area..stopping his actions.

I reloaded and I didn't know it or remeber it..I did what is called a "emergency reload"..where you drop a clip you're using and throw in a fresh one, while you're still shooting..I had two rounds left in the other clip I droppped at my feet.

The shooting investigating team advised me of this..I have no recollection doing that..that's where lots of repetitious training comes into play.

I wish your buddy luck, he doesn't sound like a bad dude..but good guys can get into trouble like this..

Boy, I know it.

Bill

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                  If he had an existing disorder he should have never been issued the permit in the first place. They ask all those questions on the application for a handgun permit.
                  I have extensive psychological probs that are documented due to my work injury. I won't even attempt to go for a permit, even tho I been told by my shefiffs office they'd push me right thru..being a retired CPD in good standing.

I won't carry my off duty S&W airweight unless I'm in Cleveland..I'm safe carrying it in the city. But I never go out ..so.

I KNOW if I popped someone they are going to pull my medical files and call me on the carpet..that's for certain..

A good reason why I don't go to bars...I love my my wife, kid, home, all my toys and money.. for me it's not worth the risk...

I do know how to CYA..I do that well..so that's a good thing..

Comment

In Louisiana you cannot bring a gun into a bar, even with a permit...period. Don't know the rules up there though.

Anyway, it is always a bad idea. I had a client, way back when, who ended up killing a kid outside of a bar in New Orleans. He was carrying illegally and had a VERY solid self defense argument..but that didn't end up mattering. It was just tragic all around, and stupid. And a kid that was my age, had a beautiful fiance' and his whole life ahead of him ended up in the Pen for manslaughter on a 10 year ticket. Plus, a stupid kid who got drunk and wanted to start shit, ended up flying the concrete kite.

That trial was one of the worst experiences of my life. The family would say the most evil things to me outside the courtroom..like I killed their loved one personally. And, I only second chaired the trial. I knew that was it for me and serious criminal defense.

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                      In Louisiana you cannot bring a gun into a bar, even with a permit...period. Don't know the rules up there though.
                      Same here in AZ... no guns allowed in bars... period.
                      Only law enforcement officers acting in an official capacity are allowed to bring a weapon into a bar.

I feel for ya Mike. I don't know why people go after the attorney of the defendant. You're just doing your job.
                      -Rick

Comment

Wow, Mike that truly sucked...

That is why I hate humans..really!!

I know there's good people out there..but I don't need to know them..

I'm good right here..with my wife, my kid, my iced tea, my weed, my metal and my central air conditioning.. fuggit!

Comment

Yeah, it sucked..they would hiss at me..."fucking scum" and "shitbag jew lawyer". His brother, who was one of the three guys who attacked my client (but was smart enough to back off when the guy pulled out his Kel-Tech) often tried to start physical altercations with me. I had to have the judge threaten to gag the family.

What a fuckaroo all around. I was devastated when we "lost" (we got him manslaughter, he was up for Murder 2), and I was really saddened by the loss of the victim. One bad choice in life, and it can be over FOREVER.

Keep that in mind.

Also keep in mind that if you ever are in this position..do not profess anything about your 2nd Amendment rights while on the stand, don't field strip the gun in two seconds flat on the stand, and don't chamber a round and re-top your mag when you carry as a civilian. Those three things really killed my client. When he started in on that 2nd Amendment shit, I figured he was getting life. Ex Recon-Ranger.

Mike
                          Last edited by MBreinin; 08-25-2006, 04:25 PM.
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

That is why I'm aginst handguns and the right to carry...sorry folks.

I guess I'm just old school....I rather kick the fukk outta someone than kill them. I guess people today dont learn to street fight or protect themselves...g-loc and load is for lazy whimps

All it takes is for spur of a moment reaction while impaired and you kill someone. I know I dont have all the details on what lead to the shooting so just speaking in general terms..
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I pretty much stay out of bars...
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Mike ..yeesh..and you are correct. I seen a dude get drilled over the name of a gun once on the stand..I forgot the name of the gun it was years ago..Charter Arms ,or Astra arms.."terminator"..I remember him going "Ohhhhhh so you have a TERMINATORRRRRRRrrrrrr, is this correct"????!!!

Shawn, I definitely see your point and I agree..to a degree. I do know what you're saying..I think a lot of folks with permits feel like instant cowboys. There is soooo much stress and responsibility with carrying a gun, some people just don't know. I try my best to avoid any confrontation when I'm packing. I feel much better when I'm not packing. But there was times when I felt pretty naked. It's not like a made a ton of friends in Cleveland..I put a lot of folks in cuffs that recognize me...that's not hard.

Ron and I stay out of bars..I have no use for 'em..nothing good can come from going to those places..IMO!

I don't drink and I can't stand sloppy, beligerant drunks..especially loud mouth broads..they'll get ya in trouble faster than shit..!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X