Lamb Of God's "Sacrament"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb Of God's "Sacrament"

Anyone hear Lamb of God's newest album, "Sacrament"? Damn good if you'd ask me, very different from their past efforts, alot more guitar-oriented. What'd you think of it?
    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

very good. I've listening the hell out of it. Plus the additional 90 minute behind the scenes was a pretty cool freebie
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I gotta get it, I'll grab it used for 5/6 bucks..I see all the LOG used constantly..bought 'em all used as soon as they came out.

I must spend cash on the stuff I can't ever find used..

LOG kicks ass..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Bill, ya think you could squeeze the word "used" in there one more time? j/k

I listened to it today, pretty good stuff.
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Don't even think I don't support the metal scene..

I got about 50K worth of support here..

Seriously..well over 5000 cds worth of underground metal..

I'll buy and listen to metal 'till I fuggin' croak..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
            Hey Bill, ya think you could squeeze the word "used" in there one more time? j/k

I listened to it today, pretty good stuff.
            used..

Comment

Bill used to really use the used, but now uses it less than he used to...

Comment

I like it so far. I have not really gotten into it in depth yet since I've busy all week. The buds and I are hanging out and drinking tonight so I'll be able to judge it fully by this evening after a couple beer-soaked listens.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I actually love this CD. I've seen em once but couldn't stay for em, but I bought this and love it. I gotta check out their older stuff, but apparently this CD is a bit of a departure from their normal stuff I hear

Comment

I don't think it's so much a departure as it is a progression, but it's not a major stylistic change or anything. One of the guys in the behind the scenes dvd said that previously, Randy had a low scream, a mid scream & a high scream. Now he's using his voice more melodically, instead of treating it as a percussive instrument.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

It`s good, maybe a little more streamlined than in the past. I think I like both Ashes and Palaces better overall. But one of the better bands out there, and a solid release. Looking forward to seeing them in a month.

My 1 year old daughter gives it thumbs up, she was bouncing away happily to it.

Comment

I think it's solid, more dynamics and ambience and stuff. I don't feel it has the riffs that just stick in your head like their previous efforts. Also, the way Mark Morton was describing it in an interview (something about 32nd note string skipping riffs) made it sound like the riffs would be a lot crazier. Good album overall, only song I don't like is the current single Redneck. I'm guessing the label pushed them to release that as the first single.
                        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

I've been listening to "Laid to Rest" on the Ozzfest sampler since '04, but never bought anything until Sacrament. I'm generally not a fan of this style of vocals, but everything else comes together so well that the vocals aren't an issue anymore. I'm glad I picked this up instead of the too-familiar sound on Slayer's latest.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                            LOG kicks ass..
                            +1

Comment

Working...
                            X