Last.FM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last.FM

Okay, I brought this up in the "what are you currently listening to?" thread, and RacerX asked what it was ... I figured it deserves its own thread.

If you haven't already, check out http://www.last.fm

Last.FM is a few things.
    It's a free internet radio that lets you listen to any type of music, and almost any artist.
    It's also a way to track what music you listen to and share with your friends (via an application that sits on your computer, and tracks everything your iTunes, WMP, WinAmp, etc plays).

It shows you all your recently played tracks, your favorite tracks, artists, ablums, etc. It lets you share and compare this info with your friends. And you can create and join groups to see what everyone's listening to there. It even has message forums.

Anyways, I thought it would be cool to create a Last.FM group for JCF, because I think it would be more useful than that monstrosity thread I mentioned before

Here's my Last.FM page: http://www.last.fm/user/HoWheels/cha...e=recenttracks

My stats are not "built" yet since I just started really using it a few days ago.

And the JCF group I created:
    http://www.last.fm/group/Jackson%2BCharvel%2BForum

Feel free to join!

-a
    Last edited by HoWheels; 08-26-2006, 05:10 AM.

Bump because Last.FM rules!

-a

Comment

I will look into it later...
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well we're up to 3 users now. If we can get 15 members in the group, we'll get group stats! w00t!

-a

Comment

I joined. It is actually pretty cool. Listening to Heathen right now.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Cool. I'll have to check into it. I mostly listen to AOL Radio. They've got every genre of music as well. I often listen to the Metal, Power Metal, Black Metal or Death Metal channels, sometimes the All Metallica channel. They just added an All Slayer channel, been listening to that one a lot lately. 24 hours a day of Slayer, how awesome is that?!?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

signed up!

I'm not sure how often stats get updated there, it seems to be missing alot of stuff I've been listening to lately...
              Last edited by yabba; 08-29-2006, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I'm playing around with some plugins that supposedly will allow me to scrobble songs I play on my iPod ... haven't had any success yet, but hopefully I can get it working!

-a

Comment

If you stop saying "w00t" I may sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                    If you stop saying "w00t" I may sign up.
                    Why do you hate America?

-a

Comment

Sirius radio for me.
                      I'll never go back!

Comment

Get offa my lawn!!

Comment

It must be down now.:ROTF: I can't get it to work.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X