Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver Cover

Anyone here the cover? I think its pretty good, better than some covers people do

Right click and save as after you click the link.

Those pinch harmonics/vibratos sound just like Zack.....the cover as a whole is not too bad...I liked it....hated when he screams......nutin like the original though......RJD Rules

Comment

I like it. Dio rules!

Comment

I liked it, but like Q I could've done without the screams & growls. I never thought of it as an angry tune, so why the need to scream & growl? Other than that, I thought the guy did a hell of a job on the vocals (no easy task at all), and the guitar work was damn good as well.

Comment

I agree, not totally like the original but pretty true to it. I also can't stand the screams (growls) too. Is it just me, but didn't it sound like the vocal was just a slight bit delayed compared to the original. First time I heard it, I guess I was thinking of the original and I felt a little "off" while I was listening (with a slight bit of head banging!)
          Guitars:
          Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
          1988 Model 2,
          Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
          RR3
          Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
          2005 SG Special

Comment

I like it too, I really dig the pinch harmonics
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I like Killswitch, it's good to hear them do an old classic like that, but as already commented on there are parts that are not too clever.
              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Hmm, I didn't think I was gonna like this - but I do!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That was cool. I like it when a band adds their own style into covers. Shows they can do a little more than just play someone else's song.

Sometimes they can go overboard though and totally hose a good song.
                  Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

nice! I like Killswitch, always thought Howard had a good voice. Adam does go a little batshit with the screams at the end, but overall I liked it a lot
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                    X