No announcement yet.

The Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I check CNN every once in a while, but I don't get the paper or watch TV news.
    Funny thing is, occasionally I do read a paper, check the local news station's website, or multiple news station's websites.

If you notice, there are AP news stories on all TV stations, web sites, and newspapers, so it's all the same "non-news". Every time I turn it on, it's the same exact story and verbiage.

There is no real unique or investigative reporting. It costs too much and you can't afford not to run the same story as your competitor. Welcome to rock bottom, population YOU.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Whats more sensational? The news, or the commercials that pay for the news?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by fett
        Come on you guys. There has to be someone out there that thinks the "Media" is just grand. I am taliking about what the average Joe Blow sees on TV. I know for a fact that this board has a bunch of smart people. What is it about the media that doesn't seem quite "right"? Where do you get your news? Or am I just pissing on the paper.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
        Well, you answered your own question. Smart people know the TV news is contrived, biased, sensationalist, and self-serving. The Iraq War was sponsored by the conglomerates that own the news networks; look up transcripts of news conferences and interviews from when Dubya was first running for Prez the first time - in every one of them someone asks "What are you going to do about Saddam Hussein?"

Even after he was elected, they asked the same question. Bush stated time and again that it was a U.N. problem, and that America was not going to be the World Police. We finally went in because Iraq kept building up troops along the border of Kuwait and would play cat-and-mouse with U.N. forces for months: clog the border for a month or two, wait for the 30 Day Warning, then pull away at the last day. A week later he was piling them up again, then when he got the 30 Day Warning, he pulled them back on the last day.

Finally we went in, and CNN was hitching a ride to break new ground in reporting the news: Live War 24/7. It's an historical event that allows the institution of news to make up for not being on the beach on D-Day to bring everyone live coverage of Allied Forces being blown to bits as it happened.

They don't call TV an "Idiot Box" for nothing.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I thought everyone trusted the liberal media to tell them the truth...........
          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

They media put out what they do because we buy it.
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

And now Rummy says the war on terror is a media war. We have to refute and plant pro-west stuff all over the Islamic world's programs. I know. Let's just overtake all those stations and give them a good dose of US TV. That will make them give up in a heartbeat. They would figure out that we are crazy MF's and not worth the effort.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
              X