Better playing through meds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better playing through meds?

I don't know if it only me but i am under the influence (right mow) of some pretty cool meds, some whites and a light blue thingy. Making me mellow, happy and calm.
    I just laying down some tracks and to me now sound pretty damn sweet and it happens every time I do it.
    When I am dry some of the stuff is sucky and stiff.
    Anyone else experienced the same thing?
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Man, all my friends used to swear that being fucked up on something improved their playing. In my "experimentation" days I tried, but realized I couldn't play for shit under the influence of anything. Even now, if I just knock back a few beers and try to play, my playing is degraded drastically. Depends on the person I guess, look at how trashed Dime would get and still tear it up.
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

YES..I can't play without them!!!

I'm in way too much pain otherwise, and that just blows my mood.

when I'm hurtin', I don't want to do anything.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles
        Man, all my friends used to swear that being fucked up on something improved their playing. In my "experimentation" days I tried, but realized I couldn't play for shit under the influence of anything. Even now, if I just knock back a few beers and try to play, my playing is degraded drastically. Depends on the person I guess, look at how trashed Dime would get and still tear it up.
        In my highschool days I played with plenty of people who were under the impression that playing on drugs would improve the music substantially.
        As being the sober bass player, I can verify that the only place where the music improved was in their minds.

With that said, when I take Excedrin, my fingers move at 500 notes per second all on their own

-a

Comment

The most creative rock and roll/metal even blues music has been created while on something....think about it

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
            The most creative rock and roll/metal even blues music has been created while on something....think about it
            Nothing really to think about there..that's the honest truth..

The list is endless, way too much to list..

If you like a certain band, song or solo..most likely they were FUCKED UP when they wrote it and recorded it.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

a shot of dope and i'm good to go for as many hours as it takes. sorry, that's the way it is. I write better riffs, better lyrics, and just feel more creative across the board. just got to used to playing like that unfortunately.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Different state of mind/no caring what comes out willl deliver more and better riffs. No doubt about that. I am living proof of drugs and not caring about what comes out pleasing the people around me. Personally, I dont think it makes you a better player. Just makes you more willing to take the risks of doing something a little more daring then when you are sober. Final outcome, fuck the people around you and play what you feel without caring what anyone says.

Play with nobody around you and record it for similar results.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Some of the coolest riffs and tunes I've written was after firing up a doobage.
                  Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I've never done any hard stuff and probably never do.
                    Tow of my ex bandmates fried their brains doing all kinds of shit. We had great gigs and we had some to forget.
                    One of them is permanently gone ala Syd Barrett and the other one did some time after he and his brother came home high and cracked out and his brother killed their mom in a rage.
                    My buddy (ex rythym guitar player) did nothing but he was there and he was charged as an accessory.

Drugs are bad but some touch of meds is cool, I supposed.
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

i find that I come up with better creative stuff with a buzz, but as far technical playing, I find I'm much better when sober
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I've never touched any of the hard shit, coke of any form, acid, heroin, don't and never have done pills...

My ex-drummer, who was also like a brother to me, is a drug addict. He was bad on crack and shot coke. I'm sure he still does, but he's into meth now.

His mind is gone, not that he ever had much of one, but he has days that he's very lucid and can remember some things and other days he's a totally different person and can't remember 5 minutes in the past. Sadly though, the most of the things he does remember he doesn't remember well.

I've never thought drugs were "cool" and never had any interest in them, however, I don't classify weed as a drug. It's much more safe that most of the shit the good ol government allows out on the market... That they also make tons of money on!
                        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Pills are great when you really need them for pain..

Pain is the worlds greatest cock block for anything you want to do.

Weed, makes me happy..I write/Play my best when I'm happy.

No coke or any of that shit for me..I don't even drink now.

I had a few shots of Jager before I hit the stage a while back ..sometimes way more than a few..

calms down any jitters..

Comment

I've always thoguht that drugs are gay, no matter what kind.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                              I've always thoguht that drugs are gay, no matter what kind.
                              I assume you don't drink or smoke then either, because alcohol and nicotine are both drugs.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X