X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cult leader Jeffs arrested in Escalade

with $67K in cash

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...490420,00.html

I wonder if the Nevada trooper will get the FBI reward, which was $100K...
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Cult Leader Jeff? Of the Loomis cult?

"While on the run from the law for more than a year, Jeffs told his followers that authorities would never capture him, because God was protecting him"

He was caught with "a number of on-the-run travel essentials, including: several wigs, $67,500 in cash, 14 cell phones, a radar detector, two GPS systems, seven sets of keys, a photograph of Jeffs and his father, and a Bible and a Book of Mormon"

Guess god was keeping him well equipped to help him avoid the long arm of the law.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
      and a Book of Mormon"
      I think that should be Book of Moron.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That son of a bitch should have been beaten and set on fire on sight!
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

The only thing I like about this guy is the idea of Polygamy

Comment

no clue who the dude is

and who the hell could take more that one wife.. jesus one is a enough crap for any man!!!!!

Comment

He arranged marriages for his members and also convinced people that if their kids didn't join the church or agree with his ways they were evil and had to leave community. Parents literally drove thier kids to the next town, dropped them off and wished them luck with nothing but the clothes on their back.

One of the marriages he arranged was between a cop, who was in his 30's, and a 14 year old girl and was told to have children, which they did. The cop admitted to knowing "deep down" he knew it was wrong, but couldn't disobey his church.

For you religious nuts out there... If your church tells you marry a child, let the head of the church molest your 6 year old son, give them all of your money and possessions they don't approve of you having or anything else you know "deep down" is wrong, don't do it! It's a trick! It is wrong. You won't go to hell for denying them this shit!

Now you can't claim fear or insanity because I've already warned you about it!
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
                He arranged marriages for his members and also convinced people that if their kids didn't join the church or agree with his ways they were evil and had to leave community. Parents literally drove thier kids to the next town, dropped them off and wished them luck with nothing but the clothes on their back.

One of the marriages he arranged was between a cop, who was in his 30's, and a 14 year old girl and was told to have children, which they did. The cop admitted to knowing "deep down" he knew it was wrong, but couldn't disobey his church.

For you religious nuts out there... If your church tells you marry a child, let the head of the church molest your 6 year old son, give them all of your money and possessions they don't approve of you having or anything else you know "deep down" is wrong, don't do it! It's a trick! It is wrong. You won't go to hell for denying them this shit!

Now you can't claim fear or insanity because I've already warned you about it!
                Wise words, but I don't think there are many splinter groups Mormon polygamists here at the JCF.

Polygamists, sure, but no Mormons!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Now hold on here. My Granny's Mormon family left Utah in the late 1800's and went to Mexico because of the anti-poligamy laws that were passed. She was born in Mexico in 1900. It's a very interesting story. I am not religious in any way shape or form. But, I do take issue with lumping this nut with the Mormon Church as it stands today. It's like saying all Muslims are all hell bent for leather to destroy the US. Not only that, but the Mormon Church is probably richer than the Catholic Church and they know how to keep secrets.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

And another thing. If he was God's gift to us why did he need all those worldly things? The simple traffic stop snags more bad guys.:ROTF:

Comment

The mainstream Mormon church is plenty nutty on its own!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Granted, it is. But I must say this. The most understanding and accepting people I ever met were my aunt and uncle and all their Mormon buds. They knew who I was, a non-believer with a Commie grandfather, my aunt's father, and a Commie father for a little while, and that made no difference to them. Mainstream Mormons are very nice people. Let them have their beliefs. But when it gets to the point of a cult, that's a whole other matter. The Bible; Koran; the Torah or the Book of Mormon makes no nevermind to me as sources to practice religion. But when faith stops being personal and starts being an excuse for actions that impacts me I take offense. Not only that. It scares me. Swear to God. Dude

Comment

All religions are cults. People need to start believing in themselves.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                            All religions are cults. People need to start believing in themselves.
                            I agree and disagree. A cult is a splinter group that has decided the a present mortal has the answer to the issues that established religion hasn't addressed according to him. Then you get a few gulible people as acolytes ( ). They,in turn, find more lost souls. Once you get to a hundred or so, you have a cult. Then you shut off all outside influences and the only one the has the "Truth" is the leader. Jim Jones did it. Koresh did it. Jeff and his dad did it bigtime. But that's how religion started in the first place. It's just that the established ones are a couple of thousand years old. You got to love the "Noobs" for trying, but........

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                              The mainstream Mormon church is plenty nutty on its own!
                              Let me rephrase that for you:

The mainstream <insert your church/religion here> is plenty nutty on its own!
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X