Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret cappucino at Starbucks?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5274352.stm

Apparently you can order a "short cap" which is a better buy than the Tall.

A cheaper "dechipped" laser printer is discussed also. I have further researched that part of the article, the model LaserPrinter E is the IBM 4019.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Is that for the US as well? You know things in the UK tend to be a bit different.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I dunno, I don't go to Starbucks. Anybody in the US wanna ask at their local store?

Comment

Why would I want a smaller cup of coffee? I wonder if they have a secret 64 ouncer.....
        If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

Another example of rock-solid writing - From the article: "It's called the "short cappuccino", and it's smaller, cheaper and better than the smallest size on the menu, the "tall"."

Exactly why is the short cappuccino "better?" I understand it is smaller and cheaper - these are easy to qualify. But better? Does this apply to everything? A Honda Civic is a better car than a 7 series BMW because it is smaller and cheaper? A size Small sweater is better than a XXL sweater because it is smaller and cheaper?
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk
            A size Small sweater is better than a XXL sweater because it is smaller and cheaper?
            You would disagree if you saw me in a tight sweater
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I don't do Starbucks because it is so Yuppie. And why in the world would I pay $3 or more for a cup of coffee? I know I'm in the slow lane of life. But, when I can buy a bag of beans, on sale, for $4 and grind them myself and , God forbid, waiting the 15 minutes to brew a pot, why go to an over-priced over-hyped coffee shop? I take my coffee BLACK. Is that so wrong?:ROTF: :ROTF:
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

As Chris Caffery says... "Five bucks a cup, what the fuck is up?!"
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
                  As Chris Caffery says... "Five bucks a cup, what the fuck is up?!"
                  It's the fact of "being there" and being dumb enough to fall for it. Let's see, I don't spend $3 or more a day on coffee at Starbucks. That's like $100 a month or more. That means if I don't go to Starbucks, in less than a month and I half, I have saved enough money to buy another "cheap" guitar. How good does it get?:ROTF: :ROTF:
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk
                    Exactly why is the short cappuccino "better?" I understand it is smaller and cheaper - these are easy to qualify. But better?
                    There is an answer - and discussion of same - over at the original thread:

http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/u...01086/p/1.html

Comment

Originally posted by shelby22
                      Why would I want a smaller cup of coffee? I wonder if they have a secret 64 ouncer.....
                      Definitely.... My normal 'work' mug is a 24 oz. and I can refill that twice with my jet-fuel blend to be happy. lol
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X