where is it gonna end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is it gonna end

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

are we gonna be sued next for singing in the bath?

btw I just got back from Tenerife so if this is old news... sue me
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

Somebody needs to slap sense into these fucking music and recordcompanies. It is REALLY making me sick. This is senseless.

Tabs will NEVER die though. They could stop filesharing to a very high degree, but with something as low profile and textual as tabs, they can't hope to begin fighting it.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

thank god i downloaded the entire Guitar Pro database a while back
      My music:
      www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Same!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah... I am just waiting tell they start busting cover bands for playing their songs. It's total bullshit.

-Nate
          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
            Yeah... I am just waiting tell they start busting cover bands for playing their songs. It's total bullshit.

-Nate
            The clubs they play at pay ASCAP and BMI royalties and have for 50 years. It's nothing new.

It sucks, you got it free for a long time and now the access will be much less, but the law is crystal-clear in the matter. All the "interpretation" arguments are bullshit, just because you couldn't learn and tab it correctly doesn't mean you're not still stealing the artist's intellectual property.

Very unpopular, but absolutely legal to crack down. Get 'em while you can andd start looking for the new underground sites, and download THOSE as soon as you find 'em before they're gone too.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver1
              Please show me how to do this!

I have never quite figured out guitar pro...

Shawn
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

theres some torrents there that have most of the guitar pro back catalogue

(if JCF admins dont like linking to torrents, please feel free to delete/edit this post)
                My music:
                www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Do you need to buy guitar pro software to view the gp3 files?

Comment

Mysongbook.com

SHUT DOWN

Rehosted on a russian server

Tab files are free to download and read through inline player - no registration required. More than 70 000 compositions. You can share your own tablature here too

Gotta love it

I legally own GP5 (shock horror!) so shutting down msb was a bastard, to say the least!

Hail russian servers.

Comment

yeah i bought Guitar Pro, its such a superb peice of software it'd be shitting on your best mate if you didnt buy it.

I wish i'd had GP when i was first learning, it would have made the whole process so much easier and quicker, rather than going back and for with the damn tape deck trying to get that 1 second of riff that was really tricky
                      My music:
                      www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Duh. Figured things out.
                        Last edited by danastas; 09-02-2006, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver1
                          +1 same here
                          If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

The record companies are shooting themselves in the foot on this one. I am sure tabs have contributed to more CDs being sold. finding a tab of a cool old song usually gets me interested in that particular band and after learning how to somewhat play it from a tab, I'll often go get a CD to hear it played correctly
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I'd love to know what signed artists themselves think of all this mess, big up to any artist who provides lyrics/tab/guitar pro files for their fans on their official websites for free.
                              My music:
                              www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X