where is it gonna end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guyver1
    I'd love to know what signed artists themselves think of all this mess, big up to any artist who provides lyrics/tab/guitar pro files for their fans on their official websites for free.
    Some artists would oppose it, some support it, and some not care. Many of those artists don't own all their publishing rights anyway if they never paid back their recording advances, as many even successful bands can be in this category. So in many cases they have no say in it, and in other cases they are probably glad they can "blame" the label and say, truthfully, that it's out of their control.

I can undeerstand it's fucked if you're used to free stuff and are invested in software based on interacting with the free sites. I just feel that it was easy to see it coming and nobody should be surprised.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm such a geek that I asked the GP tech if I could download a patch to replace the fretboard with a Jackson one!!!

Best bit is they said it would be available on the next version!!!

I love GP5. I had a ripped GP4 for a while and decided it was so good I'd buy it.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-23-2008, 03:46 PM.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury
          I'm surprised that the topic of the British version of the RIAA demanding payments from music stores because their patrons play artist's tunes while checking out guitars hasn't popped up.
          Did that really happen? If so, that's the dumbest thing I ever heard.

The next thing you know you'll be sued for not tossing a few coins to the guy playing his flute in the subway.

Comment

No, they´ll just force the underground companies to pay royalties for use of the music

Comment

Working...
            X