Endorsed at last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endorsed at last!

I've been working with Tony from October Guitars on this for a while now. I do some design work, inlay & mirror type work for October. As of September 1st, I am officially endorsed by October. Here are specs & a mockup of my guitar. It's a design I have been working on, and continually editing for several years now. The past couple days I have done nothing but work on the final design details....Needless to say, I am pumped.

I will have two non-production "HuntinDoug" models. The HD-1, and the HD-2. I still have some work to do on the HD-2. It will be a string thru, 2-hum model. It will be airbrushed in a commercial hunting style camouflage, with real Whitetail deer antler for the tuners keys, knobs, strap buttons & nut. I still have some licensing details to work out with a still un-named camouflage company. The idea is for it to be used in an future magazine advertising campaign....We'll see.

October HD-1 "HuntinDoug" Model

Mahogany Body w/Quilt Maple top in Trans Black
    Mahogany Neck Thru
    Macassar Ebony Fretboard w/27 Jumbo Frets
    Inlays TBD
    Original Floyd Rose
    Gold Hardware & Logo
    Engraved Signature TR cover
    EMG-81 Humbucker

I guess you could say I was inspired by Annah, and her Jackson endorsement (You Rock Annah!). So, I decided to get off my but, and back at this project. Cant wait to get this puppy in my hands!
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Looks cool, congrats.
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Very Cool,
      Congrats!
      Chris
      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Congratz Doug. I have a question, can you feel the little point in the cutaways digging into your leg if you are sitting down and playing the guitar?

Comment

WOW!!!
          Doug!
          That is fantastic, man!
          Mucho congrats, you are one talented dude and most definitely deserve this.
          That trans black HD-1 is super snazzy!

Cheers,
          Em

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
            Can you feel the little point in the cutaways digging into your leg if you are sitting down and playing the guitar?
            I'd say it would a little. I usually dont play sitting down, and it's not actually as pointy as it appears in the pic. So, I dont think it will pose a big problem.
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the guitars!
              Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
              Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Congrats! Can't wait to hear about the camo..

Comment

Looks awesome!
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS DOUG!!!!!

OMG, that's a fukkin AWESOME-looking axe!!! I'd love to take it for a test drive some time!! DAYUM!!!

Thanks for the kind words!! Oh, and the dog tags are a smash hit!

~Annah

Comment

Way to go bro!! Congrats!!

Comment

thats very nice... i like that shape a lot
                        the only thing i dont like is the inlays.. they look sort of weird and too big

but in general it still looks awesome.. have fun makin more guitar
                        If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Damn!!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh my GOD
                            Will the HD-1 and/or HD-2 be available to public sometime? And if so what price-range are you thinking about?
                            I'd understand it if you want to keep a guitar of your own design for yourself but...
                            I'd gladly sell a kidney for that guitar. It's the nicest most original guitar I've seen since umm... The 80s, maybe.
                            1 in a million man, one in a million.

Congratulations, you are a true artist!
                            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Been working on the fretboard design all day. Like a hermit, I am unshowered, unshaved, and only come out to eat and pee.... I think I have it done. It ties in with the whole outdoors motif. This is for the HD-2 Camo.

Did I mention Bow season opens 4 weeks from today...
                              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                              X