TV people. Where do they come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV people. Where do they come from?

With cable there seems to be a lot of TV people out there. Man, if I came from another planet, not Pluto those bastards, I would figure conquering (sp) Earth would be a cake-walk. Based on TV, you are Gay; air your dirty laundry; get into fights; hype a zit into an epidemic; have a house you don't really own but looks blingy; can fix something in 30 minutes including commercials; normal and suing someone for a $1.385; doing stupid stunts that just plain hurts; playing "Professional" sports with more juice than an orange; wrecking things just because and generally demeaning the vast majority of us. I guess it's no wonder that I don't watch a lot of TV. Except for old Westerns and anything that has Dennis Hopper in it. And old war movies. And a few others. But the current stuff just blows. "Gee, Wally, my world has changed."
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Yep, that's why I only watch the Speed Channel (until the getto, Jap rice burner performance junk comes on) and MTV Classic channel. I don't even watch Fox news anymore. All that TV stuff is market driven and to sell advertising. I hate the local news. They made the Hurricane Rita look like Armagedon had come to Houston and the rest of is full of violence and killings. The prime time stuff is worse with all those stupid sitcoms with a 4th grade mentality.
    We're just getting older and burned out on this shit!
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Westerns and war movies.
      Reminds me, I have "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" waiting for me this weekend.
      I can't stand much normal TV anymore. Most of it it terrible and the commercials are far too loud and annoying.
      I do like House and Bones though. Reminds me of Quincy and The Rockford Files.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
        With cable there seems to be a lot of TV people out there. Man, if I came from another planet, not Pluto those bastards, I would figure conquering (sp) Earth would be a cake-walk. "
        No shit. From TV ads, we would appear to be a bunch of complacent drunks, with Erectile Dysfunction and prostates the size of grapefruits.

Well, except for the ED, I guess I can't argue........Oh who cares.....where's my heineken...
        If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

You best not be talking about me. However, 1 and 3 are true but little fett can stand at attention. But no one salutes.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

About how many more of these "Oh woe, these days ain't what they used ta be" type threads should we be expectin', ya old Prospector?

J/k
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That would be "Old Sour DOH!!!!" to you, you little stinkweed.

Comment

Working...
              X