No announcement yet.

Evel Knievel Ceasar's Palace Jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met Evel a few years ago and actually shook I was so nervous. The dude was a stone cold hero to me when I was too dumb to know better at 12. He was cool and let me get a pic with him. Man. Still a hero to me. You had to be there in the 70's to know why he was cool. My favorite quote was "I knew the rocket couldn't make it across the Snake, but all those people showed up to see me try and I couldn't let them down". Brass ones indeed!

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

I had the EK stunt bike toy when I was young..

It was just like watching the real thing!!

It went in circles about three times..and crashed into the wall..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

loved in back in the day-ahh the old Wild World of Sports show-we all gathered around the tv to watch Evel jump-oh yeah I had the motorcycle as well!! Hmm.. Evel so brass, and full of himself-hmm.. sounds like some rockstars I know Well he was a star back in the day!!

Comment

Wow, Ron. That's bizarre that you posted this. I spent part of my afternoon on Friday cruising Youtube for any Evel stuff I could find.

He was also one of my heroes. I had all the toys (van, stunt and crash car, motorcycle, chopper, trail bike), and trashed my first bicycle by continually jumping off of ramps. We had a 300 foot paved driveway that started at the top of a hill, and then flattened out at the half way point. It was paradise; you could really build some speed up.

Strangely enough, my scars from bicycle riding aren't from jumping.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I'd like to see his shark jump and his Grand Canyon jump too.
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Was that him in Happy Days..

When Fonzie ran into Arnold's chicken stand??..

If yeah, he crashed then too..

There is much bigger brass ones in the Jackass camp..I think!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Evel RULES!!! Sometimes I wonder if he actually WANTED to crash. KWIM? Anyone have the Evel Knievel doll and bike with the windy crank thingy that sent him zooming off to his demise? I had one of those when I was a kid!!! lol
                Last edited by Annah; 09-03-2006, 02:21 PM.

Comment

yeah i had one too......why could you never get him to sit on the bike properly like on the box?? (he just sort of stood on the pegs)...anyway i got bored with mine after a while and decided to make him jump over a small bonfire....sending him and his little bike to a flame filled inferno of a grave..
                  yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                    isn't that Caesar's Palace?
                    :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Racer made a booboo. I just read your upper post, so you are off the hook. For now . You have to old like me. We used to watch Mr. Bag of Broken Bones do that stuff. Remember when he tried to shoot the Grand Canyon? I think he missed, but it's been a long time so I forgot.
                    Last edited by fett; 09-03-2006, 03:35 PM.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Snake River Canyon, guys, not the Grand Canyon.

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Whatever!!!:ROTF: :ROTF: Told ya it was a long time ago. Grand Canyon!!!!:ROTF: God, am I stupid? That's a rhetorical question. So STFU.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Snaks River ..Grand Canyon..didn't matter!!

It got approx 5 feet of airtime distance anywhoo..Unless you count plummetting straight down airtime..

Comment

YEah. That was like the one I had Annah. I had an EK that you would put the pull zip gear thing through and you would pull it and drop it down and it would go over a jump. EK had his hands up it the air. It came with a jump with this rod that hung over top. If you did it right his hands would grab the bar and he would do loop d loops and the bike would crash. Similar to the real deal I guess. I always wanted the EK Huffy bike....
                            Last edited by Firebird V; 09-03-2006, 07:37 PM.

Comment

He got farther than that. And then it was downhill all the way. What a "Wylie" guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X