The BBQ thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BBQ thread...

I've grilled many times... burgers, hot dogs, hot links, brats, and brisket... but i've never really grilled steak before... so i need some help. Sirlion about 3/4 to an inch thick how long should i cook them for medium, also doing some potatoes. as always thanx for the input.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Potatoes take a lot of time on a grill,one of my favorite ways is clean them,slice them(skin still on),make an envelope out of foil,put the potato in with some butter,sliced onion,garlic,and a dash of sea salt.They usually take about an hour,flipping every 20 minutes.

As for the steak,leave it on the grill til the blood starts coming out of the top,flip it ONCE,and wait for it to juice up again..
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Sounds like good avice to me, but being in Texas soak some mesquite for about an hour in water then drain it and throw in the hot coals just before you start cooking. Hickory works well too. That's what I use and everything turns out perfect everytime.
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

get a big green egg www.biggreenegg.com

I've cooked the best "thick steaks" for years on mine.

Comment

Keep the hood open. The best way to ruin a steak is to close the hood on it.

Comment

Here's my 2oz. Make sure the meat is at room temp. If it's 40 degrees on the inside the outside will be way cooked before the inside even has a chance. And don't cook on direct coals. I'm a Weber guy. Circle the little pups..
            Last edited by fett; 09-03-2006, 03:49 PM.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91
              Potatoes take a lot of time on a grill,one of my favorite ways is clean them,slice them(skin still on),make an envelope out of foil,put the potato in with some butter,sliced onion,garlic,and a dash of sea salt.They usually take about an hour,flipping every 20 minutes.

As for the steak,leave it on the grill til the blood starts coming out of the top,flip it ONCE,and wait for it to juice up again..

Wow the potatoes worked like a charm... the steaks came out great as well

without a doubt this forum rocks like no other....

Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
              Amp... Pioneer
              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Some misinformation in this thread. To cook the steak heat the grill till it's around 700-800 degrees and toss the steak on. Cook it one one side for 1min (you can rotate it 90 degrees to accent the char marks if desired). After one minute flip it on the other side and do the same. Now, move the steak to one side of the grill and turn the heat on that side to LOW. Leave the heat on the opposite burner on HIGH. Grill for an additional 4-5 mins. on each side. DO NOT OPEN THE HOOD anymore than you must. Also, once you remove the steak from the grill let it set for 5mins to let the juices re-distribute themselves back into the meat.

When you're done hopefully you'll end up with something like this:

Comment

Try marinading fresh asparagus in italian dressing for about 4 hours then grilling it..
                  Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust
                    Some misinformation in this thread. To cook the steak heat the grill till it's around 700-800 degrees and toss the steak on. Cook it one one side for 1min (you can rotate it 90 degrees to accent the char marks if desired). After one minute flip it on the other side and do the same. Now, move the steak to one side of the grill and turn the heat on that side to LOW. Leave the heat on the opposite burner on HIGH. Grill for an additional 4-5 mins. on each side. DO NOT OPEN THE HOOD anymore than you must. Also, once you remove the steak from the grill let it set for 5mins to let the juices re-distribute themselves back into the meat.

When you're done hopefully you'll end up with something like this:

It was only 3/4 of an inch,not 3/4 of a cow!!

Comment

I made pasta today..

That's a dago Labor Day weekend for ya!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Gas barbies. What a bunch of sissies. Regular char with an electric branding iron starter and a Weber. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Can't barbie now because it's raining. I guess hurricane West Coast (John?) has crept up to Seattle. It's 85 degrees and the sun is out. Except there is a little cloud that just pissed on my trailer.:ROTF:
                        Last edited by fett; 09-03-2006, 05:21 PM.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I have a Weber Fett..no gas for me..except after I eat.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Only coals and wood for me I'm old school.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

smokemaster...

http://grill-doctor.stores.yahoo.net/1830os.html

my father in law bought one... then he requested me to use it just before he passed away. so trying to use it every chance i can.
                              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                              X