The BBQ thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thrust
    No, most tire manufacturers warn (w/an attached label) to never exceed xxpsi while trying to seat a bead. I used to work in a tire shop as well and it can be pretty scary stuff when a tire refuses to seat. I'd personally never go above 70-80psi on a p-metric tire.
    This was back in the early '70's when 16.5 rims first came out. We were putting 16 on a 16.5. The changer was a Coats 10/10. We wacked it with a hammer to get the bead to seat. Nothing. More air.:ROTF: I was an experienced tire changer and should have known better. That's how people get killed. It was just awful.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

How to cook 1/2 a turkey. I tried this a while back and does it work!!!! Take 1 big Weber round one. Find an old big steel wok. Without wood handles. You need one of those 6X6 Hibachi grills. Do the coals. Add woodchips and water to the wok. The grill goes into the wok. Place the wok onto the Weber grill. Include the turkey.:ROTF: Put the dome on and let it cook and smoke for a few hours. It just really works great.

Comment

Getting the tagent sub thread again.. in the mid 80's I watched a doucumentary or 60 minutes episode-(to that effect)... it was about a lurking danger on our highways with interlocking 2 piece semi rims.

When these babies blew apart under pressure..it was enough to kill someone in a passing car. They showed the results... rim pieces going through the side of a car like it was from a cannon or through the windshield. Then they showed a 'forced test'. They did a simulated blowout and got a rim to separate under pressure... there was enough force to send an entire large car about 15ft into the air.

Having to be on the road all the time and always around trucks.. I got a little paranoid passing semis and did it as quickly as possibly was safe. That show stuck with me for years even tho I know the remote possibility was slight and truckers are usually the safest of drivers on the road.
        I get the same way when behind a car carrier or a truck carrying heavy freight. Get out of its way and in front.
        Last edited by charvelguy; 09-05-2006, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah, the split rims were dangerous. We used to put them in a special cage and latch it when we aired them up.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Try this stuff and you'll never want to use charcoal briquets again.

Find the best hardwood lump charcoal and briquets for grilling and smoking for authentic wood-grilled flavor. Shop Cowboy Charcoal charcoal, pellets, and sauces.

No need for lighter fluid or any of that crap. Just buy a Weber chimney starter and use old news paper and the fire is ready to go in about 5 minutes. The ash from this amounts to about a 1/16th of what is left behind from briquets also. So less time emptying the grill and more time grilling.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

God, don't I know it!!!! I had the misfortune to be a service truck guy for semi wheels. 1, those fucking wheels were heavy.:ROTF: 2, There were two types of split rims. There was the gap ring ones and the solid rings. All I knew was, I was going to die if either one decided to got haywire.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1
                Try this stuff and you'll never want to use charcoal briquets again.

http://www.cowboycharcoal.com/

No need for lighter fluid or any of that crap. Just buy a Weber chimney starter and use old news paper and the fire is ready to go in about 5 minutes. The ash from this amounts to about a 1/16th of what is left behind from briquets also. So less time emptying the grill and more time grilling.
                I have one but I haven't tried it yet. I still use the branding iron electric. I'll give it a shot. Saves power and everything. "Would like some kerocene with your steak?"

Comment

Working...
                X