Crocodile Hunter dies in a diving accident today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I just saw the news..

Steve's film crew have the entire incident on tape. What they reported was pretty graphic. They observed the Sting Ray's tail striking Steve in the chest while he was over the creature scuba diving. Steve actually pulled the barb from his chest then immediately lost all consciencness and never came to.

I don't think they will release the vid, I hope they don't for his family sake. Because what you see is Steve getting killed..

very sad.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So what you are saying is that he was above the ray who has a barb the size of a steak knife? All Ray did was flick his tail. This gets more interesting. Bad joke: Heads. He wins. Tails. He loses. This is beginning to sound like he was just careless.
      Last edited by fett; 09-05-2006, 05:01 PM.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
        Stop it you guys. And me too. What the hell does secondhand smoke or parents who may be a little too lax with their kids in traffic have to do with a guy that was killed by a fish in a fluke accident?
        The guys are making comparison between people fussing over the danger Steve put his infant son in when taking him into the croc enclosure and the danger people put their children into every day. The analogy of folks standing streetside with their kids as trucks whiz by at speed a particularly apt one.

I've often thought as I wait to cross at the lights that one of these buses flying by is only a couple of inches from not just blowing my hair back, but from taking me off this mortal coil.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Steve knew the croc was a rock. That was his gig. That was a stunt and a photo op. The parents that don't have enough brains to put themselves in front of danger or stay way away from traffic are just stupid. The croc-kid thing just like Jackson's kid dangling has no bearing on what happened to Mr. Irwin. It was a lucky shot. And that's all it was. Maybe a little unwise on Steve's part, but that's how all those derring do guys get killed.

Comment

Our local rock station during the drive at 5, had people call in tell stories about his show/life/memorial moments about him followed by a song request for him. It was a very touching show.
            RIP
            Steve
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

I just heard about this! I always enjoyed his shows and am sorry to hear of his passing.

Thanks for being so educational and entertaining... RIP
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Steve knew the croc was a rock. That was his gig. That was a stunt and a photo op. The parents that don't have enough brains to put themselves in front of danger or stay way away from traffic are just stupid. The croc-kid thing just like Jackson's kid dangling has no bearing on what happened to Mr. Irwin. It was a lucky shot. And that's all it was. Maybe a little unwise on Steve's part, but that's how all those derring do guys get killed.
                I think there's a misperception of the intent here... namely of how the public and media viewed a controversial event in Mr. Irwins career thats being publicized once again. If you don't like what the media is portraying about a man at his death..complain to them... but fact is, the event had put him into a controversial situation much like it did Mr. Jackson. They are portraying alot of good things as well as well as showing this event he had to defend against. We're just discussing it.

Comment

That's the fucking media. Regardless of all the good things he did to open our eyes to nature, the media will throw the croc-kid in our faces. It has absolutely nothing to do with what happened to him. He made a move and it killed him. That's all.

Comment

I don't even watch TV Fett. I just check it to see whats up and leave..

TV pisses me off ..except for South Park..

Cartman doing Steve Irwin in that episode is classic!!

Lots of people loved that man, for good reason..he was fuggin' cool..plain and simple.

accidents just happen unfortunately, could happen to any of us..nobody's exempt.

Bill

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I am, because I don't have a stingray in my trailer.

Comment

You're a good man Fett!!

Comment

I made my bones with off the wall statements a few times. I'm sure MEX3 is a nice guy that just fucked up.
                          Nah, check his post history: a lot of it is negative and insulting. I like how you stick up for people, fett, but sometimes it just bites ya in the arse! garykeller anybody?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

He doesn't need you to rag on him. I don't go prowling to dig up dirt. I PM'ed him to fess up and stand up. If he does he does. If he doesn't that's a shame. Who the hell made you a god? You are just another member on this board. It's not funny. You are getting a rather big head. That doesn't make you a bad person.
                            Last edited by fett; 09-05-2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

SILENCE, KNAVE!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron just called upon a jerk that was insulting a decent man that just passed away. It was completely uncalled for within the context of this thread.

You know what, I'll take the blow..It's well known that I call it like I see it without concern what others perceive..as long as I know I'm 100% right.

Fett, if you went out of your way to contact MEX3 and he has yet stepped up and be a man..that just confirms his character..

You see, I respect all good people..it is in my nature, both professional and personal. I'm programmed to locate and acknowledge assholes and deal with them accordingly..I have been wired that way for a very long time...there's no changing that!

So, with that said, Rons words are JUST. He had both the balls and honesty to call a spade a spade. So, I'm backing Ron on this one..

Fett, you're a good man, I really mean that, I know your heart is in the right place..but what's right is right!

This thread was made to share the loss of a good man. That gave his life to educate and entertain so many..he doesn't derserve such demeaning BS ..especially from a brand spankin' newbie..or anyone for that matter.

I said it, I will go to bat for anyone who supports the bashing of such an asshole as MEX3 ..we don't want it, we don't need it, and we won't have it..

He had his chance and well enough time to apologize, he didn't, therefore our "harsh" words still stand!

Like it or not.

Bill Z
                                Last edited by horns666; 09-05-2006, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X