No announcement yet.

auto insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I can say Progressive was out to look at my stang within 14 hours of a lady hitting it and almost totalling it. Allstate (her company) took TWO WEEKS to come out, and only after MY company lit a fire under them. They at least valued the car at a high dollar got me a check to start repair on my car fairly quick, AFTER I was without it for two weeks and made 20 phone calls to them. Now, I'm still waiting for the body shop to put the car straight. over a month later.

I went to my lawyer and he bummed that her company was Allstate as they are know to be about of the worst in the biz on paying up claims and settling with lawsuits. I walked into his office and there was a poster up warning people about Allstate.

Guess I'm gonna find out about the lawsuit part as it's on now...

I won't even say much about Allstate and me trying to get house insurance from them, and them telling me I had to put an $11k roof on my house and then STILL turned me down for home insurance because I have an old furnace. Grrr...

Comment

I believe in an accident.. the other party has up to 30 days to file their claim after the accident even if it is presumed their fault.

I've been with State Farm since 1988 (at 25).. they've covered me when I've needed to get covered in accordance to my policy. I've only had a couple slight issues with them over the years. One was when they balked at paying for a windshield that billed out at over a thousand dollars. They had to pay it.. but you could tell they didn't want to and they even had their legal dept call and question me about the particulars when all the facts for the claim and the necessary info to pay out was right in front of them.
      I didn't get a quote, nor did I have to in order to get my windshield replaced.
      It was one of these 'get a free box of steaks when you get service from us' type of company -(which, cash rebates and perks have been strickly limited since Ventura passed the law to curb the cost increases and the bogus competition/TV ads occuring because of it)

I've also had good exerience with American Family in the midwest. I would probably save money if I switched all my policies.
      Last edited by charvelguy; 09-06-2006, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I use State Farm and couldn't be happier, yes it runs a little more, but as others have said you get what you pay for. I have been hit twice(14k + damage both times) by uninsured driver, in both cases not my fault. All I ever had to do was call my agent tell them what happened, and that was it. All was taken care of, no hassles no nothing. Cars were fixed perfectly at dealers service centers or wherever I chose to take it. I didn't need rentals but was offered reimbursement for them. Luckily no one was hurt in either case, but they called a few times wanting to know if I needed anything or had seen a Dr.. In the last accident my son was in his car seat, they called and asked me what brand and model it was I told them and 3 days later I had a check for a new replacement seat. Even though I told them, the seat was perfectly fine.

To me this is worth the extra cost, I have friends who have discount insurance, and when they need to use it. GOOD LUCK! They get the old voice recorded leave a message, never to be heard again/nickel and dime coverage. No thanks
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Working...
        X