just got a phonecall from my brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got a phonecall from my brother

we both live together for studies (he's two years older than me), I'm right now in our appartment, got some work going on in university this week (it's holidays actually) and well, my brother just gave me a call.
    I thought he wanted to ask for how his aquaria were doing, instead he told me his girlfriend is pregnant.

still won't get I'm gonna be uncle!! BAM!
    she's in her eights week already, and well.... noone expected anything like this.
    they've been fooling around with this idea couple of times, but since both still have about two years of studies to go, pretty far away from each other, they only meet on weekends during term...
    I'm speechless.
    I totally love his girlfriend, they've been together for, well I was still in primary school back then, she's really awesome and everything is going well for them.
    it's been a while since I cried without anything bad happening...
    really can't tell how this feels like.

well, just wanted to shout it out somewhere!!
    gonna have a beer now I guess, it won't help my confusion, but it won't hurt either I think...
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Great news, micha! I was afraid it was something bad judging from your subject line... phew!
    Congrats to you and your brother man!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Whew..I thought it was bad news too. Glad to hear everyone is ok.
      And yeah...CONGRATS!!

Comment

+3 on thinking it was bad news from the thread title. Congrats, Uncle Micha.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Congrats!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Indeed.. congrats! I thought it was another bad news thread too.

Comment

hey, thanks to everyone!!
              I'm sorry if I made you think of bad news, wasn't my intend really...

just had a phonecall with a dear friend of mine (he knows my bro very well and was kind of surprised too) abd it took about four beers to get back hear again...
              I think my day is over right now... a couple of hours ago, I had dozens of "yet to do things" and problems in my head, but they all seemes to disappear somehow.
              I just know; if that kid is gonna by half my brother and half his girlfriend, I'm gonna love it!
              still didn't talk to my family yet (except of my brother), and I fear it's gonna be thursday or friday already when I'm able to get home again...
              let's say I'm going nuts over here!!!
              all my friends are out of this town back hone to their families...
              I'm glad I'm able to find some folks to take part on this in here at least...

cheers everyone!!
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Congrats! My niece will join the world in December if all goes as planned - first niece or nephew here - great feeling isn't it!!! Enjoy, and introduce that little one to music! You'll be the cool uncle!

Comment

Call me an old fart, but shouldn't they think about getting married?
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Man, your brother is in for a rude awakening, but...

congrats.

Comment

Congratulations Uncle Micha! You will make a great uncle! It's surprising to many of us rockers but babies are AWESOME! You will fall in love with that baby immdeiately. Best part is, you can play with the baby, then go home! Your brother will not have that luxury!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oh no Rich, the true luxury is in living with them and being by their side as they make new discoveries. I never wanted kids until I had them...now I want more!!! Seriously! They are fucking awesome!!!
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Micha, you are one of the good ones. Congradulations!

Comment

Glückwünsche !
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Congrats to you, micha!

I became an uncle at the age of 19... I can relate!
                              However I can also tell that times for my brother (2 1/2 years older than me) were really hard for a while.
                              Your description of the situation of your brother and his girlfriend shows some parallels... I wish them all the best.

Yes, you can go home after playing with the baby. Be thankful!
                              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                              X