Cynic is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cynic is back!

You read the topic right guys, the mighty Cynic has reunited with a slightly tweaked line-up. I can't put into words how amazing this news is. They are simply amazing, one of the few bands that make me go "damn."

So Atheist is back, Cynic is back, Megadeth is still out there kicking ass as is Nevermore and Symphony X. Only thing that's missing is Death ::sob::.

Here's the story: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=57823
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Hell yes! I'll be at any and all shows within 500 miles of here!

-a

Comment

Excellent..

That's all I could say..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

There is so many great bands that took the Atheist / Cynic ball and ran with it..

no need to sob, even tho I certainly miss Chuck and Death!!

I had all three Atheist cds, now they re-issued them all, remastered w/ bonus material..the OOP ones were going for over 100 bucks on Ebay..

I'll post a list of AWESOME technical death metal bands later....

Got stuff to do tight now..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dude, I can't tell you how many times I've baught those Atheist CDs. The originals, "remastered" ones I found in France and the recent reissues. I've also got both versions of Focus. When new albums suck, keep re-buying the old ones!

Oh, and let me complete my statement.
          Atheist - Back
          Cynic - Back
          Death - gone
          Megadeth - Still here
          Symphony X - yep
          Nevermore - Hell yes
          Watchtower - Put out the album already!
          Morbid Angel - What the fuck happened guys?
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Nice. I loved the Focus cd. I gotta dig that one out now!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OK,,Ley me give you a few to check into..if your didn't already..

Symbyosis.."Crisis"..is amazing
              The Alarum..you'd like this!!
              Arsis..
              Capharnaum
              Necrophagist
              Cynic
              mekong delta
              Athesit
              pestilence
              Crutch..
              Watchtower
              Spastic Ink
              Gory Blister
              Believer..great christian band..
              Tourniquet
              Theory in Practice
              Mutant
              Mercenary
              Martyr
              Farmakon
              Lunaris
              Sadus
              Sadist
              Hexenhouse...classic
              Last Crack..classic
              Psychotic Waltz..classic
              Coroner..one of my faves
              Into Eternity..very cool prog/death.

OK that was off the top of my noggin'..stuff I like..

Gotta get the kid from school now..
              Last edited by horns666; 09-06-2006, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Cynic is the only DM band wich doesn't make me throw up or laugh my ass off, probably because they have a lot of non metal stuff in their music

Those guys could actually play musically, Sean Malone is a good bass player in my book. Reinert is a decent drummer too who can actually do something else than the other DM guys.

Bill, I like Spastic Ink from your list, my friend who is a pro drummer recommended me that stuff, definetly the best instrumetal prog-metal I've heard lately.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I have yet to see Bill make a list where I don't have something on it. Sorry man, I usually just skip your lists now cuz it's recommending me stuff I already have.

Comment

ChickenScratch, then check out bands like

Soft Machine
                    Focus
                    The Moody Blues
                    Can
                    Caravan
                    Gong
                    Nektar
                    Matching Mode
                    National Health
                    Tangerine Dream
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well I'll sure be be checkin' those out but you previously mentioned you "make me throw up or laugh my ass off," when you listen to death metal so I'll have to enter this with an open mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch
                        I have yet to see Bill make a list where I don't have something on it. Sorry man, I usually just skip your lists now cuz it's recommending me stuff I already have.
                        ]

Chicken Scratch, You have ALL that stuff??!!..well damn dude, all I can say is we have the same taste and you certainly do know your stuff..

Symbyosis "crisis" is definitely one of my faves..

as is

Martyr..
                        The Alarum
                        Sceptic
                        Arsis..
                        Mekong Delta
                        Gory Blster
                        Farmakon
                        Theory in Practice
                        Lunaris

Chicken Scratch you have all that??!!

if so, you don't need me !!!!..

E, I know what you like..here's a list for YOU to try!

Psychotic Waltz..
                        Hexenhouse..Mike Wead
                        Abstrakt Algebra..Mats Levin/Mike Wead
                        Mercenary..
                        Believer
                        Torniquet..
                        Last Crack..
                        wrathchild america

even check out ..Sabbat and Anacrusis.

those bands have no to very little death vox if any..in fact Buddy Lackey and Mats Levin, and Buddo are killer singers..I know the harsh vox stuff turns you off.

E..Tangerine Dream..WTF???..how did you get that from what we're talking about..

Ummm..errrrr how about Lillian Axe, Tora Tora or Killer Dwarfs..
                        Last edited by horns666; 09-06-2006, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Only one I dont' have there is Last Crack. I buy a lot of music and I have "connections" that always get me stuff too.

Also, I didnt say harsh vocals turn me off, that was Edrick dude. I love all types of singing, but mostly Dio ... and Chuck Sculdiners.'

Oh, and it's good to see, I'm not the only one on here who knows Matts Levin.
                          Last edited by ChickenScratch; 09-06-2006, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I was referring to Endrik about the harsh Vox..one list was for you and the other list was for him..Tangerine Dream man!!

cool..I won't be around for a while..

so be good..

Comment

Chicken.. Don't take everything too seriously I say
                              btw. I listed down some of the classics, some of them are from the legendary "Canternbury Sound". They with well known names like Pink Floyd, Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, Rush etc. influenced a lot of prog-ish bands you mentioned.

Bill, there are two Tangerine Dreams, I'm talking about the German experimental band not the glam band

Last Crack and Waratchild America are great
                              Last edited by Endrik; 09-07-2006, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X