Bound for Vegas this weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bound for Vegas this weekend...

I'll be flying out for a four day weekend - I know next to nothing about what's there.

What should I make it a point to see?

- Any guitar shops other than the Ed Roman's? I imagine there's tons of pawn shops, but do they have J/C content?

- Killer steakhouses?

- Bars? Clubs?

Hit me with some ideas.

And no - I'm not going to get laid - I can't afford it.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

I'll be going there in Oct. I've never been there before either, but I'll be looking for answers to your question.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

http://www.lasvegastaxi.com/

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't know if you're cheap but I am:

Cheap Las Vegas: http://govegas.about.com/od/cheaplasvegas/

Comment

I love Vegas. Been 3 times. Was supposed to go this October, but babysitting got all fucked up and I sure as shit ain't dragging the kids along!

There's tons to see just along the strip. The old strip is lots of fun too. Good cheap eats are everywhere. Buffets, buffets, and more fucking buffets.

Don't know about guitar shops. That was one of my main goals this trip, but now it's not happening.

The links RacerX posted are really good resources, especially the Las Vegas Advisor.

Have a blast and give us all the gory details when you return!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Bizzare Guitar is another shop you can go to. He's a Jackson Charvel Dealer. If there are any good shows you want to see and it's worth it, flash the guy seating people with a $50. Most likely you will get a seat right in front of the stage. I saw Sammy Davis Jr. and Bill Cosby together in '86 and it was worth it. I guess that method still works. I haven't been to Vegas in 20 years
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Cowtown Guitars is pretty cool. They don't carry many shredder guitars, but have a nice selection of guitars.

Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

For Gambling I go to "Slots-o-Fun" right next to Circus Circus. I do pretty good in there, and the have cheap drinks too !!

Comment

Here's a cool buffet review site: http://www.ratelasvegas.com/buffets/buffetrank.html

They have all pricing & hours info, plus ratings for service, food quality, ambience and value.

Pay attention to the date of each review; there are a couple places that have fallen down in quality in recent months.

Read the lowest rated ones also; they are hilarious!

Comment

Vegas has everything!! I go all the time!! Hit Ed Roman's for sure!! And make sure your alone, cuz you'll be there for hours!! I know I was!! There's a cool car show at the Imperial Palace too! Don't go eat at the Wynn (buffet) 78.00 for two! Outragous! Stardust has a good steak at Tony Romas! Good priced! The coolest thing about Vegas is you can take your drink anywhere!! I would load my pockets up from my cooler in my room, and take off!!
                    I love admins!

Comment

Yes, Tony Roma's is good, but you gotta try the ribs there - fucking excellent. There's a great Japanese place in the shops underground at Bally's (if I remember correctly) called Ichi Ban. We have one up here and it fucking rules. They cook the food right at your table and the chef flips the knives around and makes a whole show of cooking!
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Thanks for all the tips and links! My flight leaves in the morning - I'm feeling the itch to gamble already!
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by krimson
                          Cowtown Guitars is pretty cool. They don't carry many shredder guitars, but have a nice selection of guitars.

www.cowtownguitars.com
                          the thing to know about Cowtown is that it's almost all used and vintage guitars, which are great eye candy, but his prices are outrageous. top dollar on everything. I've never tried to buy there, so maybe he'll work with a serious buyer, but goddamn those are some high prices.

if you love vintage guitars and newer used models, check it out, it's like a museum.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

The Bunny Ranch....

Comment

thumbs up on that shit!!

but the Bunny Ranch is in Carson City/Reno area.

Sheri's and the Chicken Ranch are in Parumph NV which is like 1.5 hrs from LV.

I read about this.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X