Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE most important lesson you can learn about the Internet..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE most important lesson you can learn about the Internet..

seriously sit back and chill, t'internet is THE most UNimportant place in your life in the grand scheme of things

(image courtesy of PENNY ARCADE )
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

Lol

Comment

rotflmao!!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Of course you know about the board newbie coming in and trying to school the regulars too, right? It's called "trolling", Google it Stewie!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
          Of course you know about the board newbie coming in and trying to school the regulars too, right? It's called "trolling", Google it Stewie!
          sue me

I consider myself a regular thanks, I love some peoples misuse of term newbie, and if you think this is trolling i'm afraid you have no idea what it really is.

just so you know i was mearly trying to 'lighten' the mood around here
          My music:
          www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

that was the perfect post considering the infantile bickering going on at the time.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
              that was the perfect post considering the infantile bickering going on at the time.
              thanks, i'm glad some of you 'got it'
              My music:
              www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

6 months and 200 posts is a newbie in these parts. Not that newbies per se are a bad thing, but many of us have been here for 4 or 5 years, and when you pipe in without knowing the context - not just of that thread, but of people's longtime interactions here - then yeah that's trollish.

Do you really think you're telling anybody anything they don't already know? Do you know so little of human nature that you don't know people sometimes do things they know they shouldn't anyway?

You walked into a 5-year-old conversation and based your post on the last thing you heard.

Anyway, other than that, welcome to the board, newbie. Let me know when you have 1000 posts, then you won't be a newbie anymore!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Rich, don't make more out of this than it is. Seems to me an attempt to bring some levity & perspective back to a forum gone mad. Nothing more.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                    Rich, don't make more out of this than it is. Seems to me an attempt to bring some levity & perspective back to a forum gone mad. Nothing more.
                    I know, G, but it was Guyver and jjw that set Bill off earlier, so as he's a friend of mine I will make a comment if I feel like it.

Besides, I'm pissed at the universe right now. My best friend died and it fucking sucks, and while we're mourning 3,000 dead, people can't refrain from the political shit for ONE day? That also sucks.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I hear you, Rich. As I mentioned elsewhere, I missed the blowup and didn't see what lead to the deletion of the thread. Bill also admitted that what set him off wasn't what was said in the thread - he didn't even see it, and exploded when he saw the thread removed.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
                        I know, G, but it was Guyver and jjw that set Bill off earlier, so as he's a friend of mine I will make a comment if I feel like it.

Besides, I'm pissed at the universe right now. My best friend died and it fucking sucks, and while we're mourning 3,000 dead, people can't refrain from the political shit for ONE day? That also sucks.
                        It wasnt me that set Bill off, i didnt even comment in the GWB thread, jjw made all the anti bush comments.

i made one comment in one of Bill's thread after the GWB thread was taken down.

since when does post count mean anything? I'm here like most people for Jackson guitars, so nearly all of my posts are directly guitar related, im not the PC geek i used to be (pretty much 18 hours a day, 10 of which were competitive gaming, for around 4-5 years) and very rarely sit at my PC anymore as my real life is a good place right now, so i dont feel the need to post unless i really want to, but i visit these boards several times a day and its one of my default pages that opens when i start Opera, just coz i dont post in every thread dont mean i aint a regular visitor.

Once again i'll repeat it, that Penny arcade strip was purely to try and lighten the mood around here, I dont need to preach/teach/impress anyone on the internet as the internet is pretty much bottom of my priority pile in life.

I've had a PM from Bill, i replied, he replied back, i'm now waiting till i get home from work to get a decent amount of time to make a decent reply back to him.
                        Last edited by Guyver1; 09-13-2006, 07:04 AM.
                        My music:
                        www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

People need to pull the corks from their asses and lighten up; FAST!
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That one's lost on me!
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X