Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple four track digital recording

Hi everyone,

I am curious if anyone has come across a relatively simple and inexpensive four track digital recorder? All the Boss, Zoom, Tascam digital recorders only do two track simultaneous recording. I am just interested in simultaneously recording from four inputs from band rehersals and live performances and then mixing on a computer.

Thanks,

Can't think of any INEXPENSIVE ones that do more than 2, but hopefully someone else will chime in with an idea for you.
    BTW..welcome aboard.

Comment

define inexpensive
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

It's going to be tough. Any chance you could have your computer in the room when you are playing? Your prospects for finding a solution would be much better then. Most of the inexpensive digital recorders are inexpensive because they don't have many inputs/preamps or other options.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Having a laptop in the room is a possibility, am trying to keep things as simple as possible. Perhaps a 4-track USB interface? I am hoping to be in the $200-$300 range, and will try the used market on craigslist/ebay. One thought I just had, would be finding something that would record two stereo tracks, but it looks like most digital recorders on the market record only 2 mono inputs.

Thanks again,

Comment

the cheapest and most suitable usb interface i can find that will accomodate your 4 (or 4+) simultaneous inputs is the edirol ua101. it has 8 ins and outs. but at that budget, you're better off trying your luck on ebay. there are multi-track HD recorders that record 4+ inputs simultaneously, but rarely have direct outs to match that count, and are far more costly. the interface + laptop is a better idea, especially when you need to expand capabilities. hope this helps.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

A used Akai DPS-12 or DPS-12i can sometimes be had for cheap, they do 6 analog + 2 digital simultaneous track recording. GREAT for multitracking a live band.

Comment

i've got a roland vs1880 with similar capabilities. got it off ebay. i agree such a device is great for small live performances. but if money wasn't a problem, i'd buy myself a mac mini or laptop and edirol ua101 tho. most software packages are interactive/compatible, that the capabilities of a software based recording system are far superior to these all-in-one boxes. just my honest opinion.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                X