No announcement yet.

does anyone own the silent hill movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone own the silent hill movie?

That wouldn't mind ripping it as an avi or something and sending it to me?

I have the movie (I legally own a copy), and a dvd drive, but my computer is old and crappy and won't let me do this.

it would be greatly appreciated if you or someone you know would be willing to do this.

I need to to start video editing a music video for my band.

I want to try and learn some basics of making music videos and maybe offer it as a service to some of the local bands in my area for promotion and crap.

You can find it all over the p2p sharing programs like eMule, Limewire etc... and Torrents .

I'd give you a direct link to a torrent, but I don't know if that's allowed.

Comment

it's probably not allowed, but usually, limewire or kazaa or torrents will have very low quality video files and they are usually watermarked.

I need something without a water mark and somewhat decent quality.

Comment

Why don't you go to the local video store, rent the dvd and burn a copy and keep the image on your HD? You'll be getting that so called exceptional quality your chasing. Surely you have the various software that removes copyrights and among others things from the dvd before burning it, right? That way, you then can throw it up on a server providing everyone with exceptional quality and etc.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I already own a copy of the dvd. I can't shake the css copyright on this perticular dvd. I've tried like 9 programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Niccolai
            it's probably not allowed, but usually, limewire or kazaa or torrents will have very low quality video files and they are usually watermarked.
            Wrong! Search for a Silent hill dvdrip. It will be near dvd quality and around 700mb big. No watermarks or anything (except for a small divx logo in one corner that is not annoying at all). There a risk of getting a fake on limewire, kazaa or emule, but with torrents you get 100% what you're downloading. if you're interested I can pm you a link. I think you know how to work with torrent files.

Comment

I rented that movie last week. What the hell was going on?!? I want those two hours of my life back I wasted on seeing that crap!!!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                Wrong! Search for a Silent hill dvdrip. It will be near dvd quality and around 700mb big. No watermarks or anything (except for a small divx logo in one corner that is not annoying at all). There a risk of getting a fake on limewire, kazaa or emule, but with torrents you get 100% what you're downloading. if you're interested I can pm you a link. I think you know how to work with torrent files.

a link would be great, thanks

ideally I'd need a full screen one with no water mark, but if there is a water mark on the black bars of a widescreen version, would I be able to crop it out? can you crop with video editers do you know? (I'm pretty new to this *sigh*)
                Last edited by Niccolai; 09-13-2006, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                  I rented that movie last week. What the hell was going on?!? I want those two hours of my life back I wasted on seeing that crap!!!

Blasphemy!

Comment

a link would be great, thanks
                    pm sent .

ideally I'd need a full screen one with no water mark, but if there is a water mark on the black bars of a widescreen version, would I be able to crop it out? can you crop with video editers do you know? (I'm pretty new to this *sigh*)
                    It's widescreen most likely. I'd like to know how you can crop video too . You can't do that with Ulead Videostudio 9 or 10.

Comment

I got through roughly half of it before I got borded and turned it off. I sent it back to blockbuster without even wanting to finish it.
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
                        I got through roughly half of it before I got borded and turned it off. I sent it back to blockbuster without even wanting to finish it.
                        you missed out on some of the best parts man. like the nurses, when charon murders everyone in the church, and when pyramid head rips some ladies skin of and throws it at the church.

awsome scenes.

Comment

I love horror movies and will watch just about anything, but I just didn't care for this one. BTW, don't know if you've downloaded DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, but they usually work for copying and burning DVDs for me, in conjunction with Nero. My roommate has an old and crappy computer, but she's still able to use it and copies a lot of movies. Works faster on my computer since it's only a year old, though.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Check out th3zone.com. You will have to register since it's forum. It has links to many different movies. You will need a rapidshare account. I have downloaded movies there and it usually takes about 30 min for 700mb to 1Gb. They have some pretty good avi's. I just saw Miami Vice last night in near DVD quality. They have a crap load of screeners and having a rapidshare account beats the crap out of using any P2P network.
                            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

BUSTED! Everyone against the wall!

Seriously, this board, the Admins, and pretty much everyone registered as a member here can be dragged into court for this thread. I definitely suggest making it disappear.

You can live with the copyright/watermarks for your amateur video if you try hard enough, or you can get an older DVD player that doesn't read/display watermarks and a video capture device/card if it means that much to you.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X