does anyone own the silent hill movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam
    I love horror movies and will watch just about anything, but I just didn't care for this one. BTW, don't know if you've downloaded DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, but they usually work for copying and burning DVDs for me, in conjunction with Nero. My roommate has an old and crappy computer, but she's still able to use it and copies a lot of movies. Works faster on my computer since it's only a year old, though.
    Very good software I swear by them...AnyDVD, DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor.
    I haven't found any old and new movies alike that these particular programs can't remove the protection stuff.
    Also, AVI2DVD is useful when wanting to take, lets say a bootleg of your favorite band thats in avi format. Run the program then burn the new dvd image with dvd decryptor and your golden.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
      I rented that movie last week. What the hell was going on?!? I want those two hours of my life back I wasted on seeing that crap!!!

+1. Worst movie I've seen in YEARS.

Comment

hads some cool moments ladsi saw this on cincam dvdbefore it arrived in the cinema..but have the proper DVD now

i loved the 1st few games,that pryramid dude scared the shit out of me when i 1st saw him hiding in that wardrobe as he is killing those legs monsters

Comment

Never played the video game, but I just couldn't get into the movie. It did have some cool moments, but overall it didn't do anything for me.
          Now, I've played a few of the Resident Evil games and really enjoyed them; loved the movies, too.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
            BUSTED! Everyone against the wall!

Seriously, this board, the Admins, and pretty much everyone registered as a member here can be dragged into court for this thread. I definitely suggest making it disappear.

You can live with the copyright/watermarks for your amateur video if you try hard enough, or you can get an older DVD player that doesn't read/display watermarks and a video capture device/card if it means that much to you.

There's nothing illegal about it, I own a copy of the DVD (which I would gladly provide a proof of purchase for if the pirate police come after me) and I want a couple of high quality clips from it to use on a non profit ameture music video that will never leave my bedroom, but I asked for help getting the clips off of my DVD because my computers crap.

Luckily, with nazguls help, I found exactly what I was looking for.

And it seems like anything on the internet can be turned into a movie rant:

person 1: "hey everyone, could someone give me advice on how to rip such and such dvd?"

person 2: " Such and such movie SUCKS and I watch tons of movies like that so my opinion is important, even though it has nothign to do with the progression of the thread"

Person 1: "That's your opinion, but I could really use some help, if you want I'll make a seperate thread about what people thought of the movie"

Persons 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9: "That movie sucked!"

Person 1: "Well.... thanks for all of your valuable help and advice"

Persons 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15.... 367,368 : STFU N00BZ0RZ!!! elohel!!!1!11

That's pretty much been my conversation on like all of the 7 message boards I posted this thread on. The response wasn't as bad on this one as others, but it's still funny.

Last edited by Niccolai; 09-14-2006, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Niccolai
              Luckily, with nazguls help, I found exactly what I was looking for.

No problem man!

Comment

My bud baught a copy and we were over his place hanging out and he put it on. That's gotta be the worst movie I've seen in my life. The plot was slow and plodding not to mention haphazardly executed, the acting was bad and the special effects looked like a**.

It was pretty funny watching it though because my bud Anthony had a bunch of us over, by the time the movie ended 2 people were alseep, 1 had left and I was on the computer posting here on the JCF.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch
                  My bud baught a copy and we were over his place hanging out and he put it on. That's gotta be the worst movie I've seen in my life. The plot was slow and plodding not to mention haphazardly executed, the acting was bad and the special effects looked like a**.

It was pretty funny watching it though because my bud Anthony had a bunch of us over, by the time the movie ended 2 people were alseep, 1 had left and I was on the computer posting here on the JCF.
                  LOL I'm still confused about the end of the movie! At least I only rented it.
                  I bought The Village last year when it came out, just because there were no more left in Blockbuster to rent... well, I thought that movie sucked, too, but really not nearly as bad as Silent Hill.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've found a way to crop videos btw.
                    Get Virtualdub if you don't have it already (http://www.virtualdub.org/), insert a video and go to Video> filters>Add (filter)>resize. And then click on the "cropping" button in filters and you can set the offset there. When you're happy with the results just go to file>save as avi.

click here for more guides:
                    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/vir...procedures.htm
                    Last edited by Nazgul; 09-14-2006, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap
                      Very good software I swear by them...AnyDVD, DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor.
                      I haven't found any old and new movies alike that these particular programs can't remove the protection stuff.
                      Same here. I use DVD Decryptor and have yet to run across any protection it couldn't remove.

Comment

anydvd to disable copy protection, clonedvd to then make an exact bit-by-bit copy...even onto dual layer dvd. it is legal to make copies of dvds that you own for backup purposes.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear
                          Same here. I use DVD Decryptor and have yet to run across any protection it couldn't remove.
                          Try Underworld: Evolutions. That was a tough one to get by. You can't use Decryptor by itself.

But if there's a will there is always a way!

J.

Comment

Working...
                          X