Latest Project:Deer Tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Project:Deer Tracks

In honor of Opening day of Ohio deer bow season (Sept. 30th is a holiday in my house), I decided to do something a little different. Tony (Subvamp) is building me a custom neck for a Jackson DKMG body I bought from Dave (Moshwitz). It will have a pair os Duncans from Mark (MM2002). I did this inlay last night on a piece of really nice Macassar Ebony. It's still in a rough state. I sanded it slightly to check for epoxy voids. The inlays are in a camel color pearlessence...Cool stuff with a lot of pearl & depth. Looks just like tracks in the frozen mud:

The bottom pic was taken outside in the sun. The top pic is closer to the actual inlay color. I am airbrushing a commercial camo pattern on the body. Then it goes back to tony for a clear coat, buff & assembly. The knobs, and tuners keys will be made of whitetail antler. Black neck binding with a black OFR. I thought about EMG's, but decided against it. This is a back burner project, so it may be a while before I can post finished pics. Off to the next project....
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Better pic:

>>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Absolutely awesome, Doug! I love it. It opens here on the 23rd and the old Mathews is tuned and ready!
      The tracks idea is really cool. Can't wait to see how many Nuge references are inserted here!

Comment

That's going to look great when that ebony is polished and shiny. Nice job!
        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Some antler buttons on the tuners would be cool, nice!!
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

As always great work Doug

To me, I see a walrus in the shadows with his 2 eyes and the 2 tusks peeking out

Comment

Working...
            X