New audiozone.dk site - feedback please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New audiozone.dk site - feedback please

Hey guys, I have a humble request. If you can spare a moment, please check out my guitar site, which I just redesigned completely and let me know how it looks on your particular computer and browser. If anything is seriously acting up (like if you can't pop-up any menus) please let me know. I'm not trying to show off or anything I just want to hear if this thing is running okay out there in cyberspace. I'm using bits of javascript which is crap, but I can't help it.

Stuff is missing, some pages are still from the old site, but I'm working on it.

Thanks, you are my beta-testers, haha...

http://www.audiozone.dk
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Henrik,

The menus look good here ... but for my 2 cents, I wouldn't put a "Home" link under each sub-menu, since "home" is generally only used for the root (home) page. Instead, I would just use the menu headers to link to the general overview information (what you currently have listed as "Home") and maybe list all of the links in plain HTML on this page.

-a

Comment

Links don't work:

Under My Guitars & Gear Photo Gallery
      Jackson Custom Shop Soloist 1987
      Fernandes JS-100 Rhoads V 1987
      Charvel San Dimas Series Standard 1995
      Fender Stratocaster Yngwie Malmsteen Signature Custom Edition

And under Audiozone Studio and Do It Yourself, there's nothing but the title on the top (assume your still working on it?)

Other than those, cool page. I'm lovin the black soloist with the white/black pickups
      Those catalog scans are also very cool!

Comment

I understand you, Ho. Very good point. I thought about this for a long time. I was going for a CLEAN look without site relative links scattered all over the place, so I decided for the pop-up menus. They really save a lot of space and let the viewer focus on the content. But I see your point. Pros and cons... I'll give your idea a second thought...

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
        Links don't work:
        Irfaan, those are from the old site (it's black) and needs to be updated. They have never worked actually. But they will soon.
        And yes, I'm still working on it and a lot of the newer pages are almost empty at the moment.

I really appreciate the feedback, guys. Thanks.
        Henrik

Comment

Hey buddy.
          Maybe it's me, but the text fonts are just alittle to small.
          Other than that it looks very good.
          Finn

Comment

Henrik-

The pop-up menus work in Firefox

The site does look a lot "cleaner".
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Like the old background better (black)
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's better than the previous site IMO.

Comment

The background color and things like that are a matter of taste imo and will vary a lot from people to people but one thing is definite, this new site looks a lot more "professional"

The previous one looked like a site from an ordinary guitar player who just wanted to share his experiences.

The new one looks like a site which has some serious info in it. Which I think is the situation!

Congrats Henrik! Waiting for the updates and new projects
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Finn, yeah I might have squeezed that font a bit too much.
                    Are you aware that you can (in newer browsers anyway) press and hold Ctrl on the keyboard and then use the scroll on the mouse? Ctrl+scroll. That will display larger or smaller fonts depending on the scrolling direction (and depending on the guy who programmed the page). A lot of pages today won't allow this, but my site will.

QR, Naz & NIL, thanks! Good to hear that the menus are working okay. About updates.... heh, can't promise WHEN though.

Ron only likes black?! Sorry man, I had to try the minty green for once. Of course, sitting in front of the all black JCF all day and then suddenly switch to my new site, will blind you instantly. It's like being hit by a laser!
                    Henrik

Comment

Working...
                    X